Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reality bites:

babylonsister (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 08:59 AM
    Original message
    Not even the House website, The Gavel, has anything on what Rep. Kucinich
    did yesterday. What does that tell you? I might be jumping the gun as he did start late, but I'm sad and surprised to see no mention of his brave stance for all of us.
    KarenS (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 09:01 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. I couldn't find anything on M$NBC either,,,,,
    as usual, I am disgusted,,,,
    uh-oh

Richardo (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 09:04 AM
    3. There's not even anything on Kucinich's site.
    What does THAT tell you?

Is this the old poll they love so?

ElsewheresDaughter (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 10:35 AM
    Original message
    Poll (MSNBC): Should Bush Be Impeached?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10562904/
    American Thinker:

I really, really hope the Republicans can get a debate on this resolution. For years, the left has been saying that Bush is a criminal, that he violated the Constitution, that he violated the law, that he has exceeded his powers, etc.

With a debate, the Democrats would have to put up or shut up. Since they know they have absolutely no chance of winning such a debate, they wish to cut it off before they embarass themselves.

You see, the Democrats don't really want to debate impeachment. They just want to be able to keep calling Bush a criminal - without supplying one shred of proof that would stand up in a court of law that he is. They want to be able to keep calling this program "illegal" or that one "unconstitutional" without having to argue the points rationally. They want to be able to continue their ridiculous name calling because it works - at least among their far left compatriots.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    Why are they so politically naive?

I suspect his fellow Democratic colleagues think he's a a joke.
    I am sure they do.....when they are not afraid that he might actually hurt the party.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    If the DUmmies make a sound in the woods, does anyone hear it?

On the DUmp front page, the top five recommended threads are:

Greatest Threads
    ******OFFICIAL Rep. Kucinich Introduces Articles of Impeachment of George W. Bush THREAD *******
    star 234 recs · by givemebackmycountry

Rep. Kucinich Introduces Articles of Impeachment of George W. Bush
    star 184 recs · by mikelgb

(OFFICIAL Rep. Kucinich Introduces Articles of Impeachment of George W. Bush THREAD (Part II)
    star 113 recs · by givemebackmycountry

Kucinich Presents 35 Articles Of Impeachment Against Bush
    star 107 recs · by L. Coyote

CSPAN LIVE NOW!!! Dennis Kucinich ripping into WHIG and Bush's Lies - He's laying it ALL out!
    star 71 recs · by givemebackmycountry
    I've been listening to the radio all morning and early afternoon, and haven't heard a word about this monumental occasion.

babylonsister (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 07:43 PM
    Original message
    House GOP Forces Complete Re-Reading of Impeachment Resolution, Vote Tomorrow http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=5&docID=new...

House GOP Forces Complete Reading of Impeachment Resolution
    By Molly K. Hooper, CQ Staff

In an effort to highlight the time they say Democrats are wasting, House Republicans will make the clerk read every word of Dennis J. Kucinich ’s resolution seeking to impeach President Bush.

But not until the very end of the day.

Rather than let Tuesday’s floor action be interrupted, Democratic and Republican leaders quietly agreed to let the chamber get all of its other work done before anything happens with Kucinich’s impeachment effort. Then, at the end of the day, the Ohio Democrat will call up his articles of impeachment and Democrats will refrain from making a routine request to waive the reading of the document.

At one point in the discussion, Republicans were threatening to refuse to agree to have just the title and not the full document read out loud. That would have interrupted the entire floor schedule if it happened during the usual time of day for such motions.

“He’s wasting his time, he’s wasting our time, he’s preventing things from getting done that need to be done, so we require them to read it on the floor today to say to them, by God, if you want to waste our time, go ahead and do it,” said Rep. Phil Gingrey , R-Ga.

Gingrey said he was unhappy because he had arranged to give a speech paying tribute to a fallen soldier but instead that soldier’s parents would be listening to the recitation of the impeachment document.

Encore Reading
    On Monday night, Kucinich spent about 4 hours and 30 minutes reading the full impeachment text into the Congressional Record. He argues that Bush abused his power “to manufacture a false case for war against Iraq.”

Kucinich offered the articles as a privileged resolution — a high-priority status that will require the House to act in some way within two days.

After the clerk reads it again, Kucinich said he intends to move to refer his measure to the Judiciary Committee — the committee that has not acted on his previous articles of impeachment against Vice President Dick Cheney (H Res 333, H Res 799).

Democratic leaders said they will schedule a Wednesday vote on Kucinich’s motion to refer the measure to committee.

Wonder who will be there this time?

Finnfan (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 07:52 PM
    9. Amazing. The "time wasting" meme was just mentioned here on DU.
    Interesting timing.

Kucinich was on the O'Reilly Factor tonight. I saw no mention of it at DU.

So I have to ask, what happened to the green bouncies? I figured they would be all over the place?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Richardo (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-10-08 09:04 AM
    3. There's not even anything on Kucinich's site.
    What does THAT tell you?
    That's because, (little known fact) Will Pitt still works for Dennis and is in charge
    of his website. Will is still passed out somewhere in Boston.

;)

Patent Member
    House waves off impeachment measure against Bush

WASHINGTON - The House has voted to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to a committee that is not likely to hold hearings before the end of his term.

By 251-166, House members dispatched the measure to a committee on Wednesday — a procedure often used to kill legislation.