1. #1 Just was talking to my BIL, a Vietnam veteran. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The assholes just have to keep it up...

Mon May 28, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Archae

Just was talking to my BIL, a Vietnam veteran.

And he HATES with a passion Memorial Day.

Why? Because he saw too many of those we "honor" today that he was buddies with, die for nothing.
    (His view.)

My Dad fought in Korea, called it a huge waste.

My Uncle was a top turret gunner on a B-17 during WW2, and he refused to tell any "war stories."
    So even a war for a good cause had those who weren't "proud to have served."

Now? We have all those veterans from Bush's ego-boost. (Iraq)

And a war in an area where invaders never get anywhere. (Afghanistan.)
    Scum.
    May the FORCE be with you!

ust was talking to my BIL, a Vietnam veteran.

And he HATES with a passion Memorial Day.

Why? Because he saw too many of those we "honor" today that he was buddies with, die for nothing.
    (His view.)

That's probably because he was smoking and doing dope with Oliver Stone.

My Dad fought in Korea, called it a huge waste.

I call BS on this one

My Uncle was a top turret gunner on a B-17 during WW2, and he refused to tell any "war stories."

Those who actually did it, don't talk about it. It's got nothing to do with pride in service.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

That could be the all time dumbest statement to ever come out of the DUmp.

Sorta makes ya wonder about those wannabe "Vietnam vets" parading around with chest-fulls of medals bought off the net.....

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    That could be the all time dumbest statement to ever come out of the DUmp.
    That's the one I was going to comment on too. The guy who posted that must be 5 years old not to know better than that. No offense to 5 year olds.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Sorta makes ya wonder about those wannabe "Vietnam vets" parading around with chest-fulls of medals bought off the net.....
    Anymore, I don't pay any attention.

I knew one guy in Albuquerque who tried to enlist in every branch of the service. He wanted in so bad I think it hurt. He had a medical problem that prevented him. He's one of the phony Vets and claims he served. I sort of give him a pass because he really, honestly made the attempt - four or five times. It isn't his fault he had a medical condition of some kind.

It's the genuine fakers, who avoided Vietnam and then when we suddenly became 'in' decided they'd get on the popularity bandwagon that grated on me. Now, we're just upper middle aged to old timers and I just don't care. Let them have their fantasy. They know and they know they can't fool real Vets.

This might be in bad taste......

But....

I wish Archae's BIL would have a flashback and kill him.

I don't know any Vets that talk about wartime stories to all comers. Usually, the stories only come out in the presence of other Soldiers, and usually after a few too many cold ones. We all know how vulnerable we become if we open the door too wide. Posers talk about their fantasies at every opportunity.

As a child, I never understood why my dad never talked about his Vietnam experiences until I had my own.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Not to mention, a war time vet would spot a DUmmie in a nano second. Why would he/she tell any stories to someone who thinks they're a baby killer? DUmmies are so DUmb.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I don't know any Vets that talk about wartime stories to all comers. Usually, the stories only come out in the presence of other Soldiers, and usually after a few too many cold ones. We all know how vulnerable we become if we open the door too wide. Posers talk about their fantasies at every opportunity.

As a child, I never understood why my dad never talked about his Vietnam experiences until I had my own.
    My uncle lost both legs just above the knees to a German machine gun at Monte Cassino. As a kid, I can remember asking him many times about his war experience. He would never talk about it until about a year before he died when the local newspaper did a story on him and he opened up. He was the only survivor in his entire company and he, wounded severely, hid all night in some brush until morning when he was discovered by a Polish patrol and he was nearly dead by then. So, he lost both legs but lived a productive life for another 50+ yrs.

And, yes, I never understood either why he wouldn't talk, or why my father wouldn't talk about the war until I went to Vietnam.