Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    I can't find the 'little digs' do you have a link?
    You're not looking very hard, Spicoli. See my post above.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You're not looking very hard, Spicoli. See my post above.
    Ody, remember with Thinkinglittle.

    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You're not looking very hard, Spicoli. See my post above.

    Let's see, he praised Bush for a smooth transition during a difficult time. That was entirety of his speech, he never blamed Bush or made any comments to that effect during the presentation. He also praised Bush on Haiti. The Bushes were gracious hosts toward the Obamas, and the Obamas have alway reciprocated.

    This always looking for the stupid little negative spin on Obama is so... Sean Hannity/ Sarah Palin. Just makes the dopes who buy into it look like total freakin retards.

    The former POTUS was welcomed and honored by the current POTUS to the WH. It was a nice American moment. Live with it and stop with the desperate looking for something to bash.

    Your source attempted to take the quotes of context and put a little negative spin on the comments, but there were no 'digs', plain and simple.

    So, FAIL.

    Be well, friend.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,298
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Let's see, he praised Bush for a smooth transition during a difficult time. That was entirety of his speech, he never blamed Bush or made any comments to that effect during the presentation. He also praised Bush on Haiti. The Bushes were gracious hosts toward the Obamas, and the Obamas have alway reciprocated.

    This always looking for the stupid little negative spin on Obama is so... Sean Hannity/ Sarah Palin. Just makes the dopes who buy into it look like total freakin retards.

    The former POTUS was welcomed and honored by the current POTUS to the WH. It was a nice American moment. Live with it and stop with the desperate looking for something to bash.

    Your source attempted to take the quotes of context and put a little negative spin on the comments, but there were no 'digs', plain and simple.

    So, FAIL.

    Be well, friend.
    You my friend have a different definition of a "nice American moment" than most. There are certain niceties that the presidents extend to former presidents. When Bush and family were invited for the unveiling of the portraits, only comments on the portraits were called for, not "reminding former President George W. Bush that he left the economy a mess and al Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden alive when he left the White House three years ago.

    "The months before I took the oath of office were a chaotic time," Obama told a crowd of mostly former Bush administration officials and members of the Bush family, including Bush's parents, former President George H.W. Bush and former first lady Barbara Bush.

    They had gathered in the East Room of the White House for an official ceremony -- one that has traditionally excluded politics -- unveiling the portraits of the 43rd president and his wife."

    What is there that is so difficult to understand? It was uncalled for to go into Obama's little version of history at this event. He has the same sense of good form as Jimmy Carter, who bashes the other presidents without consideration.

    The Bushes are polite people; Obama is not.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Let's see, he praised Bush for a smooth transition during a difficult time. That was entirety of his speech, he never blamed Bush or made any comments to that effect during the presentation. He also praised Bush on Haiti. The Bushes were gracious hosts toward the Obamas, and the Obamas have alway reciprocated.

    This always looking for the stupid little negative spin on Obama is so... Sean Hannity/ Sarah Palin. Just makes the dopes who buy into it look like total freakin retards.

    The former POTUS was welcomed and honored by the current POTUS to the WH. It was a nice American moment. Live with it and stop with the desperate looking for something to bash.

    Your source attempted to take the quotes of context and put a little negative spin on the comments, but there were no 'digs', plain and simple.

    So, FAIL.

    Be well, friend.
    Simply declaring "FAIL" in caps doesn't make it so. Obama took what was supposed to be a non-partisan event and used it to remind everyone that the economic collapse that we are currently facing was the fault of his predecessor, and the statement that he didn't know how desperately bad it was implies that Bush deliberately withheld information and left him a mess. In fact, the recovery had started before Obama took office, but he managed to stall it with massive deficits and attacks on job creators. This was just Obama making excuses for himself instead of taking responsibility for his actions, and giving a far better man a little jab.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Let's see, he praised Bush for a smooth transition during a difficult time. That was entirety of his speech, he never blamed Bush or made any comments to that effect during the presentation. He also praised Bush on Haiti. The Bushes were gracious hosts toward the Obamas, and the Obamas have alway reciprocated.

    This always looking for the stupid little negative spin on Obama is so... Sean Hannity/ Sarah Palin. Just makes the dopes who buy into it look like total freakin retards.

    The former POTUS was welcomed and honored by the current POTUS to the WH. It was a nice American moment. Live with it and stop with the desperate looking for something to bash.

    Your source attempted to take the quotes of context and put a little negative spin on the comments, but there were no 'digs', plain and simple.

    So, FAIL.

    Be well, friend.
    Does it hurt to be so stupid???
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Western MI
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You my friend have a different definition of a "nice American moment" than most. There are certain niceties that the presidents extend to former presidents. When Bush and family were invited for the unveiling of the portraits, only comments on the portraits were called for, not "reminding former President George W. Bush that he left the economy a mess and al Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden alive when he left the White House three years ago.

    "The months before I took the oath of office were a chaotic time," Obama told a crowd of mostly former Bush administration officials and members of the Bush family, including Bush's parents, former President George H.W. Bush and former first lady Barbara Bush.

    They had gathered in the East Room of the White House for an official ceremony -- one that has traditionally excluded politics -- unveiling the portraits of the 43rd president and his wife."

    What is there that is so difficult to understand? It was uncalled for to go into Obama's little version of history at this event. He has the same sense of good form as Jimmy Carter, who bashes the other presidents without consideration.

    The Bushes are polite people; Obama is not.
    Well said.



    I love Barney!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.



    Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •