Thread: Obama opposes ban on sex-selective abortions

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Or, we could just prohibit abortions after the sex of the fetus is known, unless there is a documented birth defect or threat to the life of the mother.
    Okay, that could work. What other ideas are there to enforce this law?

I'm serious. I'm not saying this stuff just to be a pain in the butt. If we're going to have a law like this, then there needs to be a valid way of enforcing it. A video or two proving that one or two people aborted for gender reasons does not prove that somebody else did it later.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You're all assuming this was a valiant, noble effort to save the lives of bayyyyybeeeees. It wasn't. It was just a cynical show vote to try to make Dems look bad (since they would be voting against something that looked very apple pie). Trent Franks, who introduced the bill, said so himself - that it was a GOP "strategy". Even if it passed the House, it would never be touched by the Senate. It was intended to make the GOP look good in the eyes of those who are pro-life, and to demonize the Dems, without actually accomplishing anything. And.... voila! It didn't accomplish anything.
    Somebody gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, that could work. What other ideas are there to enforce this law?

I'm serious. I'm not saying this stuff just to be a pain in the butt. If we're going to have a law like this, then there needs to be a valid way of enforcing it. A video or two proving that one or two people aborted for gender reasons does not prove that somebody else did it later.
    Somebody gets it.
    Hey Lanie (and other liberals),

If it's ok by you to abort babies based on sex, does that mean we can abort them based on ethnicity? I can just imagine how principled you liberals would be with your support of aborting only Black babies. Start making those signs now, and march proudly. May I suggest you start in Harlem or Watts???
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Hey Lanie (and other liberals),

If it's ok by you to abort babies based on sex, does that mean we can abort them based on ethnicity? I can just imagine how principled you liberals would be with your support of aborting only Black babies. Start making those signs now, and march proudly. May I suggest you start in Harlem or Watts???

Hey Ampat,

Learn how to read. Just because I don't see a real way to enforce this law doesn't mean I'm for abortion, much less sex selective ones.

It's like having a law saying you can't wear brown underwear. There's no possible way to enforce the law in 99% of cases.

Stop thinking with your emotions.

Hey Ampat,

Learn how to read. Just because I don't see a real way to enforce this law doesn't mean I'm for abortion, much less sex selective ones.

It's like having a law saying you can't wear brown underwear. There's no possible way to enforce the law in 99% of cases.

Stop thinking with your emotions.
    If people would give babies more importance than a pair of underwear this would not be an issue.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg