Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Well the answer is: Green Lantern is Gay 
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...=SFnewyorkpost

File this under "shoving it down our throats"" More brain washing for our children.
    Last edited by Bailey; 06-01-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post

File this under "shoving it down our throats"" More brain washing for our children.
    At least this guarantees that they won't be remaking a second Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds. If they do, maybe the name of the movie would be "Brokeback Lantern".

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    At least this guarantees that they won't be remaking a second Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds. If they do, maybe the name of the movie would be "Brokeback Lantern".
    If i had the internetz to give to you, you'd have it :D

Future storyline: GL spends a night in a bathhouse and then has to figure out which of his dozen or so partners still has the ring up his fourth point of contact before the next JSA meeting.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Alan Scott? yeah that sucks, but he's not mainstream GL anymore, nor was he part of the Green Lantern Corps, his powers don't come from the Guardians. plus it's side universe.

When I saw GL I thought it was Hal Jordan (who Reynolds played) but since it's not, nor a main Universe character anymore, w/e. He's not the first or last gay/lesbian character. I doubt the Earth 2 comics will stick around very long anyway
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Future storyline: GL spends a night in a bathhouse and then has to figure out which of his dozen or so partners still has the ring up his fourth point of contact before the next JSA meeting.
    I wonder if his ring will help his descending T-cell count?

Recycled Roadkill
    I wonder if his ring will help his descending T-cell count?
    AIDs is nothing to joke about. If a character is made gay, so what? And why the insinuation that because the guy is gay, he'll have a "dozen partners" in a night? I've never gotten the rampart disdain for gays around here. I'm straight myself but as long as gay people don't harass me I don't care what they do...It doesn't effect me. And if it bothers you, that's your right and it's also your right to just forbid Green Lantern stuff in your house if you have kids...But to make light of a terrible disease...It seems tasteless at best. I wouldn't joke about it or even wish it on my worst enemy.

Banned

Heck, I'm filing this under 'stuff that gets me so upset I just want to scream'.

I am so sick of this tolerance and understanding core message of Christianity b.s. So what?

And what's Ryan Reynolds going to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Heck, I'm filing this under 'stuff that gets me so upset I just want to scream'.

I am so sick of this tolerance and understanding core message of Christianity b.s. So what?

And what's Ryan Reynolds going to do now?
    2 things. #1, forcing someone to accept something that they don't believe in is not tolerance. Take your view of Christianity. You are a total hypocrite and yet you don't see it which is typical of liberals like yourself. You bash conservatives and Christians with every breath you can muster with the same bigotry and hatred you accuse us of having. But this is to be expected because people like you like to think you have an open mind but the minds of the left are as closed as a new jar of pickles. 2nd, Ryan Reynolds played Hal Jordan not Allan Scott so your attempt at snark fails miserably.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ryan Reynolds played Hal Jordan not Allan Scott so your attempt at snark fails miserably.
    though some would say that he'd be perfect for Allan Scott now

just not the womenz folk :D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry