1. #1 So my 75 year old Dad got hit with a Rick Scott voter purge gimmick. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hmmm, apparently trumad thinks his daddy is stupid...

Thu May 31, 2012, 06:32 PM
    trumad

So my 75 year old Dad got hit with a Rick Scott voter purge gimmick.

Last edited Thu May 31, 2012, 06:33 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    He received a letter in the mail indicating that he needed to verify where he lived by filling out the enclosed form and mailing it back to the election office.

He did move last year to a new apartment, but when he updated his drivers license at the DL office, he clearly asked them to reflect it on his voter ID.

Here's the thing.... this is what Rick and his goons are hoping for... they are hoping that my elderly father who is a registered Democrat, fails to complete and return the form thus making this Born in America, 75 year old Vet, ineligible to vote on election day.

America---ya gotta love it.

Of course, it did begin with So....
    DU---ya gotta love it!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

trumad, is your dad hispanic? That's the biggest group on the purge list. If you're a legal resident and you're allowed to vote, this shouldn't really be that big of a deal to prove it. God forbid anyone (democrat) should prove they're allowed to vote!

BOUNCE O RAMA!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    He'll likely get purged any way.

Being a 75 year old Veteran. The dims will likely purge him as some one who they don't like.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Hype and bullshit. Bullshit and hype...

So verifying your new address through the mail is now fraud... Whatever Trumand
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

spanone (64,052 posts)
    41. i suggest a class-action lawsuit against the state.
    "Your honor, I'd like $50 million dollars in punitive damages from The State of Florida for attempting to verify my change of address."

Teh Stooped. It burns.

I wonder what the DUmmies' reaction is when FL attempts to verify a Republican's change of address.

He received a letter in the mail indicating that he needed to verify where he lived by filling out the enclosed form and mailing it back to the election office.

He did move last year to a new apartment, but when he updated his drivers license at the DL office, he clearly asked them to reflect it on his voter ID.

Here's the thing.... this is what Rick and his goons are hoping for... they are hoping that my elderly father who is a registered Democrat, fails to complete and return the form thus making this Born in America, 75 year old Vet, ineligible to vote on election day.

It seems to me that if they were hoping that his dad wouldn't fill out and return the form, they wouldn't have sent it to him in the first place. If anything, this is ensuring that his dad's vote is properly counted, and not stolen. DUmmies and logic go together like ketchup and uranium.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!