1. #1 ‘Tarantulas’ invade Assam town, ‘kill’ two 
    Jintu Gogoi's neighbourhood in Sadiya, Upper Assam, is no longer friendly. Over two weeks ago, an army of eight-legged freaks invaded it. It all happened in the evening on May 8. Most of the inhabitants of Chaulkhowa Nagaon village had been to a Bihu function. When the programme drew to a close, swarms of spiders suddenly descended from nowhere and started biting the people. The festive mood soon turned into one of panic with people bumping into each other and tripping over empty benches in their frantic bid to egress. Jintu was bitten by one of these critters.

It all sounded like a scene from a Hollywood horror flick, but as Jintu showed his blackened, swollen finger, to TOI, it became clear that it was not some elaborate hoax created by some mischief-monger, it was something that happened for real. But the panic it triggered could have been certainly avoided had there been enough awareness among laymen and mandarins about arachnids. ... http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/13753398.cms

Would that not be Tarantulai ?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

This whole thing is just.....weird:
    "As of now, we cannot give a specific name. It's similar to the tarantula, but it could be a whole new species. There aren't any arachnologists in the northeast, so it will take us a while to identify it. But whatever the species, it is a highly aggressive spider. It leaps at anything that comes close.
    They never said how big the spiders are, but I've got this picture in my head of a Texas sized tarantula leaping at me.......

It'll be interesting to get to the bottom of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    This whole thing is just.....weird:

They never said how big the spiders are, but I've got this picture in my head of a Texas sized tarantula leaping at me.......

It'll be interesting to get to the bottom of all this.
    That's just what we need, giant mutant killer spiders on the loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Would that not be Tarantulai ?
    I think you mean "tarantulae", and probably not; unless you lived in ancient Rome...oh wait, you did for a while in your teens.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    That's just what we need, giant mutant killer spiders on the loose.

OMG!!!!

We're Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I think you mean "tarantulae", and probably not; unless you lived in ancient Rome...oh wait, you did for a while in your teens.
    The good old days, back then we used to eat monkey brains on crackers for appetizers, there was never much to go around and all you got was a taste. Unfortunately pig brains caught on later and everyone ate their fill.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    OMG!!!!

We're Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!
    Not so fast, a good chainsaw and you're eating huge crab legs!