1. #1 Obama nostalgic for a GOP opponent like McCain 
    Link
    Would politics be better if someone like John McCain were running for president? President Barack Obama seems to think so.

In a case of strange bedfellows in American politics, Obama and his re-election advisers are waxing nostalgic for the man the president defeated last time around. They’re embracing McCain as a reasonable voice on climate change and immigration, someone who took on extremism in his own party.

It’s all a way of drawing a contrast with Obama’s current Republican presidential opponent, Mitt Romney, and trying to convince crucial independent voters that the GOP challenger is outside the mainstream.
    If these guys consider McCain "mainstream" then hallelujah Romney doesn't resemble that so much.
    But the president’s flattering memories of McCain conflict with their campaign clashes of 2008. Back then, Obama hammered his rival as “out of touch’’ with many of the problems facing Americans.

And the platitudes of today conceal the reality of Obama’s current dynamic with McCain. The Arizona Republican remains one of the president’s staunchest critics on everything from health care to foreign policy. He’s also a vocal Romney supporter.

To hear Obama tell it now, the McCain who ran against him in 2008 was an example of a principled Republican who knew how to reach across the aisle. The implication from Obama is that those qualities simply don’t apply to Romney.
    Again, GOOD.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Romney has them scared? Good!

He's got a long way to go for my support. Right now, he's a vote against Maobama....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Romney has them scared? Good!

He's got a long way to go for my support. Right now, he's a vote against Maobama....
    Well said, sir.

Another 4 years of recovery, rebuilding, and taking out terrorists and this country is doomed.

We need to get back to the way it was in 2008. Deregulate the markets and let those dumb ol' wars will pay for themselves.

I mean, the Titanic was too big to fail right? But just like America, there's plenty of lifeboats for the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    fixed for accuracy
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Well said, sir.

Another 4 years of recovery, rebuilding, and taking out terrorists and this country is doomed.

We need to get back to the way it was in 2008. Deregulate the markets and let those dumb ol' wars will pay for themselves.

I mean, the Titanic was too big to fail right? But just like America, there's plenty of lifeboats for the right people.
    Recovery? Really? Where is this recovery that you speak of?

Taking out terrorists? Pinprick ops. Obama's anti-terror policies are a tad schizophrenic. He won't allow us to interrogate captured terrorists (note the immediate Miranda rights reading to the underwear bomber), but he'll blow them up by remote control. And, of curse, there is the constant leaking of sensitive information, which infuriates our allies, undermines the missions and endangers our personnel, but manages to permit Obama to puff out his chest in the press. This isn't exactly a coherent strategy for defeating terrorists.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Well said, sir.

Well let's see how your "brilliant" assessment holds up:
    We are in a stagnant economy. 1.9 percent GDP ='s a net decrease overall.
    Rebuilding what? Certainly not the economy or job market. If you mean infrastructure--Puhleeze! We could have done so much more without the Union slush funds.
    Terrorists? Are you suggesting that no terrorists were "taken out" under Bush or that any other president other than your god would have done otherwise?

I'd gladly go back to 2008 and let the cards fall as they may. Get the bloated and inept gov't out of the picture. If we had taken this tack, we would be 5 TRILLION dollars closer to solvency.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Recovery? Really? Where is this recovery that you speak of?
    I took that post as mostly irony, myself.

Hey, what's not to like about McCain as an opponent? Never a Conservative on anything but defense, the only thing that got him within sniffing distance of winning was Sarah Palin, because without her, half the Conservative base would've just stayed home.