1. #1 It took vandals one day to deface SF's new $3.5 million parks 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Gee Libtards, and who's fault might this be???

Mon Jun 4, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Liberal_in_LA

It took vandals one day to deface SF's new $3.5 million parks

Vandals deface city's renovated parks, playgrounds

more pictures of the damage at the link below

It took more than six years from the time neighbors began lobbying for their worn-out playground in San Francisco's Dolores Park to be replaced to the grand opening celebration two months ago that drew hundreds of kids eager to scale the new climbing structures, glide down the new slides and bounce on the colorful rubbery ground.

It took vandals just one day to mark the new playground with graffiti, and only a few weeks more for instruments in the whimsical music garden there to be damaged, most notably with the removal of six of the 14 metal keys from the popular xylophone.

"It burns me up," said Tim Wirth, who serves on the steering committee of the Friends of Dolores Park Playground and whose children helped design the $3.5 million overhaul. "So much effort went into getting the playground built, so many kids are using it now, and then it gets vandalized."

Doug Woo shares that frustration. As president of Friends of Duboce Park, he and his neighbors have worked with the city on park improvements - creating a dog-play area, the nifty Scott Street walking labyrinth and most recently a new children's playground that opened May 19 and was covered with graffiti on May 20.

"It shows a total disregard and disrespect for all the hard work that's gone into improving the park," Woo said. "It's a real slap in the face."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1wqWyq9jH

I don't think it was the Tea Party and their kiddies...

Oh, it must somehow be W's fault, what was I thinking!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

snooper2 (12,956 posts)
    6. Maybe folks some spend less time discussing how to ban happy meals and pet stores

and spend some night shifts watching the place..

You know, something constructive
    I see a granite pizza in your future.

This is what happens when a bunch of sponge heads tell everyone that the assholes at every protest vandalize businesses and cars are heroes.

Besides, Sf invited every wino, drug addic, criminal, thug , slug, and all the other anti-social assholes in America to come live there ( but wants Navy gone , but their money to stay).

SF is the Moonbat capital of America, and they are still surprised this happened
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

"It shows a total disregard and disrespect for all the hard work that's gone into.....
    Who shows this sort of disrespect? Anti-Capitalists, OWS, etc. Not republicans or tea party people, sorry DUmmies.

Look in the mirror.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

We could have defaced it faster in Detroit. It never would have been built in Detroit, because theives would have stolen all the materials from the site before the ground was broken.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    We could have defaced it faster in Detroit. It never would have been built in Detroit, because theives would have stolen all the materials from the site before the ground was broken.
    Yeah, they're slackers in SF.
    May the FORCE be with you!

It shows a total disregard and disrespect for all the hard work that's gone into.....

That's how teapartier's feel about having their property, income, being taken away to give to able-bodied 20 year olds.

Doesn't that sum up what a "community" type country would end up having? Where the ones that work hard have the stuff taken away/destroyed by the lazy ones?

lol the irony here is so ripe for the picking.

Every time I go to San Francisco I am struck at how such a beautiful city has been utterly destroyed by lowlifes and their enablers. You can't even get two blocks from your hotel to the cable cars in the financial district without being shaken down.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Every time I go to San Francisco I am struck at how such a beautiful city has been utterly destroyed by lowlifes and their enablers. You can't even get two blocks from your hotel to the cable cars in the financial district without being shaken down.
    Depending upon what is meant by "shaken down" I'd say it was that way already by 1980 when the still had hostile and aggressive police departments.