Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Your thoughts on Atheists. 
    What are your thoughts on atheists? Most leftists are atheists, however those with religious faith are welcome. There are some more hardcore people that think religion should be destroyed however, that is only a small amount. So how are atheists treated here? Are they welcomed or shunned by the community?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyCommunistYouKnow View Post
    What are your thoughts on atheists? Most leftists are atheists, however those with religious faith are welcome. There are some more hardcore people that think religion should be destroyed however, that is only a small amount. So how are atheists treated here? Are they welcomed or shunned by the community?
    we have many atheists.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I can assure you that there are extremely few leftist sites that tolerate anyone with actual Christian faith. Most conservative sites are welcoming of all faiths, as long as noobs are reasonably polite and able to discuss issues. (Not all posters will be polite in return, there is a price for being new. )
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

I like atheists......fried, poached or grilled over hot coals.

It depends. Some atheists have come to their beliefs in intellectual ways, which makes them interesting conversationalists. Some have done so because Santa Jesus didn't answer their prayer to bring them ponies for Christmas. They're rather boring because they still blame God deep down for something that wasn't about God to begin with.

I can think of at least two atheist conservatives off the top of my head here, and I'm very sure I'm missing some people.

And I'm a Christian liberal, nice to meet you. I can think of another liberal here who isn't an atheist. I think you have a lot of misconceptions about liberals no doubt partially spread by some conservatives and some liberal atheists.

I think most atheists are okay. I think that people who blame all the ills on a religion tend to ignore the good that religion has done along with the other factors leading out to the bad stuff. You name the crisis or bad thing, and I can probably tell you a factor other than religion contributing to the problem.

I was one when I was much younger and less analytical. Then I realized that Atheism is every bit as much a matter of faith as Belief, neither one is based on objective fact, they are really two sides of the same coin. I refer to myself as Agnostic now, meaning I don't pretend to know one way or the other about the existence of God or Gods, and whether our doings are of any consequence to them or not.

OnlyCommunistYouKnow
    Your thoughts on Atheists.
    I dip them in deep pools of water. If they float, witches, if not, they can go to Hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It depends. Some atheists have come to their beliefs in intellectual ways, which makes them interesting conversationalists. Some have done so because Santa Jesus didn't answer their prayer to bring them ponies for Christmas. They're rather boring because they still blame God deep down for something that wasn't about God to begin with.
    Noon, this is why I like you. I'm still laughing. Now pray for forgiveness.

Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I like atheists......fried, poached or grilled over hot coals.
    Atheists: The other white meat.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I was one when I was much younger and less analytical. Then I realized that Atheism is every bit as much a matter of faith as Belief, neither one is based on objective fact, they are really two sides of the same coin. I refer to myself as Agnostic now, meaning I don't pretend to know one way or the other about the existence of God or Gods, and whether our doings are of any consequence to them or not.
    That's pretty much my position, with the added caveat that I recognize that the legacy of Judaism/Christianity has been far more beneficial to mankind than any other religious tradition, and that while I remain agnostic on the spiritual basis of the benefits, I cannot argue with them practically.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I dip them in deep pools of water. If they float, witches, if not, they can go to Hell.
    [/INDENT]
    What if I weigh more than a duck?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Atheists: The other white meat.

That's pretty much my position, with the added caveat that I recognize that the legacy of Judaism/Christianity has been far more beneficial to mankind than any other religious tradition, and that while I remain agnostic on the spiritual basis of the benefits, I cannot argue with them practically.

What if I weigh more than a duck?
    I say, "thank God." Could you imagine a world where ducks were 200 lbs???
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand