Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1 Well the answer is: Green Lantern is Gay 
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...=SFnewyorkpost


    File this under "shoving it down our throats"" More brain washing for our children.
    Last edited by Bailey; 06-01-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...=SFnewyorkpost


    File this under "shoving it down our throats"" More brain washing for our children.
    At least this guarantees that they won't be remaking a second Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds. If they do, maybe the name of the movie would be "Brokeback Lantern".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    At least this guarantees that they won't be remaking a second Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds. If they do, maybe the name of the movie would be "Brokeback Lantern".
    If i had the internetz to give to you, you'd have it :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Future storyline: GL spends a night in a bathhouse and then has to figure out which of his dozen or so partners still has the ring up his fourth point of contact before the next JSA meeting.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Alan Scott? yeah that sucks, but he's not mainstream GL anymore, nor was he part of the Green Lantern Corps, his powers don't come from the Guardians. plus it's side universe.

    When I saw GL I thought it was Hal Jordan (who Reynolds played) but since it's not, nor a main Universe character anymore, w/e. He's not the first or last gay/lesbian character. I doubt the Earth 2 comics will stick around very long anyway
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Future storyline: GL spends a night in a bathhouse and then has to figure out which of his dozen or so partners still has the ring up his fourth point of contact before the next JSA meeting.
    I wonder if his ring will help his descending T-cell count?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Recycled Roadkill
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I wonder if his ring will help his descending T-cell count?
    AIDs is nothing to joke about. If a character is made gay, so what? And why the insinuation that because the guy is gay, he'll have a "dozen partners" in a night? I've never gotten the rampart disdain for gays around here. I'm straight myself but as long as gay people don't harass me I don't care what they do...It doesn't effect me. And if it bothers you, that's your right and it's also your right to just forbid Green Lantern stuff in your house if you have kids...But to make light of a terrible disease...It seems tasteless at best. I wouldn't joke about it or even wish it on my worst enemy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by ASquareDealer View Post
    AIDs is nothing to joke about. If a character is made gay, so what? And why the insinuation that because the guy is gay, he'll have a "dozen partners" in a night? I've never gotten the rampart disdain for gays around here. I'm straight myself but as long as gay people don't harass me I don't care what they do...It doesn't effect me. And if it bothers you, that's your right and it's also your right to just forbid Green Lantern stuff in your house if you have kids...But to make light of a terrible disease...It seems tasteless at best. I wouldn't joke about it or even wish it on my worst enemy.
    Well we dont live in a bubble, I cant protect my kid 24/7 from the onslaught of this crap. Its a losing battle I fight but I'd rather fight then believe as you do. Sorry that people have contracted HIV but its nearly 100% their fault living their lifestyle as they do. I dont feel pity for them, they choose their fate sleeping with members of their own sex.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,328
    Allan Scott? Considering his outfit, it's not that much of a stretch:



    So let me ask you all something. If you create a villain on DC Universe Online, in your level 29 mission, the final boss is that of Allen Scott. When you beat him, does that constitute a hate crime? Also, wouldn't it have made sense to make John Stewart gay? This way they'd have a few bases covered considering Stewart is black.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by ASquareDealer View Post
    AIDs is nothing to joke about. If a character is made gay, so what? And why the insinuation that because the guy is gay, he'll have a "dozen partners" in a night? I've never gotten the rampart disdain for gays around here. I'm straight myself but as long as gay people don't harass me I don't care what they do...It doesn't effect me. And if it bothers you, that's your right and it's also your right to just forbid Green Lantern stuff in your house if you have kids...But to make light of a terrible disease...It seems tasteless at best. I wouldn't joke about it or even wish it on my worst enemy.
    The dozen partners thing is based on gay male promiscuity, which is well documented. Need links?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •