Thread: Rain Please

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    It's so dry........

The catfish have ticks.

the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving out rain-checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water.

Rock killed a mosquito that was carrying a canteen.
    On a more somber note......we're getting ready to grind up 456 acres of corn for silage......

doc

The sun is blocked today by some sort of wispy translucent substance, we have no idea what it could be.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I think we had a raindrop but I'm not sure, It could have been a bird.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How hot did it get today???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    How hot did it get today???
    official Tulsa temp was 104 but the oil leases were recording the natural gas flow at 109.
    Yesterday and the day before the gas flow was 111.

Just reading that brought back giggles - in a previous life a couple of us promoted the company into drilling a wildcat down in S Texas. It came in at 50 million a day natural and one of the big wigs came down from the main office for a photo op. Now, imagine this - that reservoir was at 500 F so in the travel to the surface it didn't cool down much. You could see the heat waves coming off the tree very clearly. It came time for the picture taking and this character leans his hand up on the tree.

Have you ever heard the phrase 'don't take me long to check out a fire?' He had blisters an inch across.

I felt sorry for him as he was a good guy but he had just been in that ivory tower a little too long.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Just reading that brought back giggles - in a previous life a couple of us promoted the company into drilling a wildcat down in S Texas. It came in at 50 million a day natural and one of the big wigs came down from the main office for a photo op. Now, imagine this - that reservoir was at 500 F so in the travel to the surface it didn't cool down much. You could see the heat waves coming off the tree very clearly. It came time for the picture taking and this character leans his hand up on the tree.

Have you ever heard the phrase 'don't take me long to check out a fire?' He had blisters an inch across.

I felt sorry for him as he was a good guy but he had just been in that ivory tower a little too long.
    The flow on these wells is much much less than that, usually the gas temperature is an accurate measure of the air temperature, I read it off the meter before it enters the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The flow on these wells is much much less than that, usually the gas temperature is an accurate measure of the air temperature, I read it off the meter before it enters the pipeline.
    You also don't have any reservoirs up there anywhere near 500 F in the Arkoma. Now over in the Anadarko it's another story. I saw the BHA that came out of the well back in 71 or 72 that looked like a burnt match head. That's where I got my 5 mile club certificate.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Looks like St.Louis is finally getting some rain! We are going up there in October
    and it would be nice if it wasn't all burnt!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I have Krispy Kreme lemon filled and Bavarian creme donuts, the weather be damned!