Thread: Rain Please

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm wagering we're gonna have a harsh winter. The jet it pushing way south this early in the fall it's gonna be pretty wicked once the transition season is done and the pattern gets established.
    I'm thinking a good possibility of harsh in the way of cold but I'm not sure if this drought pattern is going to break. Winter moisture is annoying and really make it hard at the time but our water table is way down to the point of hurting the wildlife.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm thinking a good possibility of harsh in the way of cold but I'm not sure if this drought pattern is going to break. Winter moisture is annoying and really make it hard at the time but our water table is way down to the point of hurting the wildlife.
    The Atlantic subtropical ridge is what caused the drought this year, it was so dominant it pushed the subtropical jet further north then usual, keeping the moisture out of the southern US. As Sandy indicated, the ridge has retreated back to it's usual position, so the moisture flow should be a lot better, hence the slow moving rain producer stretched across the central US right now.

I'm not in any stretch of the imagination a climatologist, but my amateur opinion on the matter would be really cold winter, with average precipitation rates.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.