Thread: Rain Please

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 132
  1. #31  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,449
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well we got no rain today, just hot and humid.
    The humidity you can have.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32  
    Senior Member Chuck58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    990
    Anybody who is sending rain, don't forget us here in NM. We haven't seen rain here for 3 weeks, and then it was a 5 minute sprinkle. In the southern part of the state, the fire in the Gila is approaching 300K acres and heavy winds, low humidity and no rain in the forecast.

    *edit* Just heard that another fire, near Ruidoso in southern NM had grown from 2K acres yesterday to over 10K and has destroyed more than 20 homes.

    http://nmfireinfo.com/2012/06/09/new...n-inciweb-org/
    Last edited by Chuck58; 06-10-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Anybody who is sending rain, don't forget us here in NM. We haven't seen rain here for 3 weeks, and then it was a 5 minute sprinkle. In the southern part of the state, the fire in the Gila is approaching 300K acres and heavy winds, low humidity and no rain in the forecast.

    *edit* Just heard that another fire, near Ruidoso in southern NM had grown from 2K acres yesterday to over 10K and has destroyed more than 20 homes.

    http://nmfireinfo.com/2012/06/09/new...n-inciweb-org/
    Do you ave those fluffy sky things that sit up there and mock you, they suck up all your moisture and then haul it somewhere else and drop it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #34  
    Senior Member Chuck58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Do you ave those fluffy sky things that sit up there and mock you, they suck up all your moisture and then haul it somewhere else and drop it.
    For the past 3 days, we haven't seen any fluffy sky anythings. It's been blue from horizon to horizon. I've forgotten what they're called.

    The Little Bear Fire, near Ruidoso, is now pushing 30,000 acres. It's tripled in size since yesterday. At least 36 homes gone and it's entered a subdivision according to the news. So far, zero containment due to high winds. Several thousand people evacuated and a couple of towns in its path on alert for possible evacuation.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #35  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    For the past 3 days, we haven't seen any fluffy sky anythings. It's been blue from horizon to horizon. I've forgotten what they're called.

    The Little Bear Fire, near Ruidoso, is now pushing 30,000 acres. It's tripled in size since yesterday. At least 36 homes gone and it's entered a subdivision according to the news. So far, zero containment due to high winds. Several thousand people evacuated and a couple of towns in its path on alert for possible evacuation.
    I just ordered 5 days of rain chances and I put in a good word for you too.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #36  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,431
    Severe T-Storms firing up due East of us and drifting in my direction.

    No idea if they'll hold together though...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #37  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,425
    I have not seen rain for at least 90 days or longer and we had a very dry winter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #38  
    Senior Member Chuck58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    990
    Six drops on our windshield while we were going to town yesterday. Exactly six drops. Wife and I both counted them.

    In southern NM, the Little Bear fire near Ruidoso is 35% contained. Thanks to lower temps and higher humidity, it's slowed down some. So far, they've lost at least 244 homes leaving hundreds homeless, and that number is sure to rise. Those homes were in subdivisions some distance from Ruidoso.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #39  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Six drops on our windshield while we were going to town yesterday. Exactly six drops. Wife and I both counted them.

    In southern NM, the Little Bear fire near Ruidoso is 35% contained. Thanks to lower temps and higher humidity, it's slowed down some. So far, they've lost at least 244 homes leaving hundreds homeless, and that number is sure to rise. Those homes were in subdivisions some distance from Ruidoso.
    I'm sorry to hear that, we still have nothing, the pasture is pretty much gone and I'll have to buy hay.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #40  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,449
    The sky is falling!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •