Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Palin linked electoral success to prayer of Kenyan witchhunter 
    From Daily Mail UK...

Palin under fire over African pastor friend who waged witch-hunt against woman he believed caused car crashes

By Paul Thompson
    Last updated at 10:40 AM on 18th September 2008

Vice presidential pick Sarah Palin is known for her strident views on religion and the power of prayer.

But her credibility is once again being questioned after an African pastor she credits with helping her political career was revealed to have waged a witch-hunt against a woman who was said to cause car crashes with her "demonic spells."

According to accounts of the witch-hunt circulated on evangelical websites, after Mutheee spoke out against Mama Jane many villagers demanded she be stoned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...r-crashes.html
    Remind me again... what century are we lviing in?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Sonnabend
    Remind me again... what century are we lviing in?
    Ask Hussein

Obama's Kenyan grandfather was a Witch Doctor
    What century are we in? The second or third, if the Green evangelism , worship of Mother Gaia, not to mention the barbarism of Islam is any indication.

As Barack is Muslim, he'd know.

Wow, what a non issue that is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Wow, what a non issue that is.
    Just as Wright was an issue for Obama, Falwell and Haggard should have been an issue for Bush, so should this be an issue for Palin. Her church is crazier than all of them.

Sure. Make an issue of how a "visiting pastor" to her church is weird. Really a pathetic hatchet job attempt to link her to belief in witches.

As to Obama, it was his REGULAR pastor for YEARS that made the outrageous comments. Amazing how someone would see the two as equal.

This is ludicrous. Muthee has degrees from universities and used typical African means to demystify an evil woman and bring the locals to his church.

"Our services became very oppressed. People would try to sing, but they just couldn't.". But the power of evil invaded the church to the point that they could hardly pray. One day it got so bad they started a worship song and were never able to finish it! They went outside and found the remains of fresh sacrifices and rituals left behind by Momma Jane.

"Finally we decided we had had enough. The whole congregation raised their hands towards the Emmanuel Clinic. We asked God to either save this woman or remove her from Kiambu.
    They formed a prayer team
    It worked! The spiritual harassment suddenly stopped. An increasing number of Momma Jane's clients were now becoming Christians and publicly burning the charms and fetishes she had sold them. The way was now open for Muthee to issue a public ultimatum: "Momma Jane either gets saved and serves the Lord, or she leaves town! There is no longer room in Kiambu for both of us!"
    Things began to change fast and dramatically. The city's unbelievers also recognized the cause-and-effect relationship between the power encounter and the subsequent changes in the community.

Economically, Kiambu is now prosperous. The crime and violence associated with the city in the national news media have now virtually disappeared.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Just as Wright was an issue for Obama, Falwell and Haggard should have been an issue for Bush, so should this be an issue for Palin. Her church is crazier than all of them.
    The crazies are the ones that hate all religions like you and your kind .

Isn't this old news? I think I read about this on DU last week.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Crazy by your standards?

As I recall Obama chose to attend Wright's church for 20 something like 20 years. In Palin's case this was a visiting pastor who probably attended a lot of churches while he was in the States. Are they all guilty of believing in witchcraft too?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    This is ludicrous. Muthee has degrees from universities and used typical African means to demystify an evil woman and bring the locals to his church.

They formed a prayer team
    And how do you know that Mama Jane is evil? How did Bishop Muthee know that Mama Jane is evil? Oh, that's right... the car accidents near her home.

Who believes such nonsense?

Because of Bishop Muthee's accusations, Mama Jane was nearly stoned by an angry mob and forced to leave her home after she refused to convert to Christianity. Muthee is a thug and I am shocked that you would defend him. Prayer Cave my ass.

A detailed account of Muthee's crusade against Mama Jane...

http://www.diasporamessenger.com/ind...o_pdf=1&id=128
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 09-18-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas