Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Crazy by your standards?

As I recall Obama chose to attend Wright's church for 20 something like 20 years. In Palin's case this was a visiting pastor who probably attended a lot of churches while he was in the States. Are they all guilty of believing in witchcraft too?
    Bishop Muthee is set to return to Wasilla Assembly of God this weekend...

http://app.razorplanet.com/acct/4014...entsFall08.pdf

Perhaps Bishop Muthee has been called back to wage spiritual warfare against the Obama campaign. LOL!
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

I'd defend him before I'd defend Louis Farrakhan.

I doubt you have spent much time in Kenya, someone would have stoned you long ago.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I doubt you have spent much time in Kenya, someone would have stoned you long ago.
    ...much to to the delight of fanatics such as yourself, I'm sure.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

hah, I don't even go to church; I just know what a jerk you are.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    I'd defend him before I'd defend Louis Farrakhan.

Pretend this priest visited Obama's church and the reaction the right would have over this?

Sorry, anyone who's honest with themselves has to know it would be the talk of the town over here, as Obama is ripped to shreds, probably even accused of being some musli-christo-voodoo hybrid who wants to run the whitehouse with voodoo dolls... and we'd be right to to a certain extent. Yet its just run of the mill good'ol'fashioned small town church stuff when its our own pet candidate. Sorry, its all crazy.

The amount of excuses made for Palin's questionable affiliations is really really... I don't know... its bad.

As a rational person, most of the time, it scares the living shit out of me to think about the person just one missed heart-beat away from the most powerful office on the face of the Earth being a nut-case religious zealot, Christian, Jew, Hindu, or Sesame-Street-Big-Bird-Dropping tea-leaf-reader.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

hah, I don't even go to church; I just know what a jerk you are.
    Sorry. I sometimes get you confused with Mrs. Smith... who goes to church and who thinks I'm a jerk.

:D
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Isn't this old news? I think I read about this on DU last week.
    You read the DU?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Sorry. I sometimes get you confused with Mrs. Smith... who goes to church and who thinks I'm a jerk.
    :D
    You might still need to be more specific.
    :p

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    As a rational person, most of the time, it scares the living shit out of me to think about the person just one missed heart-beat away from the most powerful office on the face of the Earth being a nut-case religious zealot, Christian, Jew, Hindu, or Sesame-Street-Big-Bird-Dropping tea-leaf-reader.

I'm not big on people who 1. believe fervently that the End Times are upon us and 2. believe that they are going to be raptured off of this planet before all hell breaks loose being president or vice president. It's kind of a conflict of interest, for a leader to be more vested in the afterlife than the current one. I'm not singling out christians, though, just using their terminology because that is what I'm familiar with. Muslims and other religions have some similar ideas about final judgment and such.

I don't think McCain has those beliefs, but it appears his running mate does.