Thread: Occupy TV

1. #1 Occupy TV 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Via National Journal:

The Occupy movement is taking a page out of the traditional political playbook and looking to flood the TV airwaves

Occupy.com, in conjunction with the crowdfunding website LoudSauce, put out a call in April for submissions for short TV spots, arguing that the voices of the so-called 1% were dominating the TV landscape.

“With the 2012 political campaign season underway, the national dialogue is again being controlled by the super wealthy,” the video introducing the campaign says. “The 1% is channeling its voice powerfully through super PACs. . . We need to take back the conversation again. We need some way to amplify the voices of the 99%.”

Starting today, the submitted videos are on a dedicated page on LoudSauce, and each one that raises at least $1,000 will be broadcast on TV this summer. (LoudSauce buys air time through auctions; it reduces the cost, although it means not all providers will carry the ad.)

View some of their best and laugh here.

http://beta.loudsauce.com/campaigns/occupy-spots
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Via National Journal:

The Occupy movement is taking a page out of the traditional political playbook and looking to flood the TV airwaves

Occupy.com, in conjunction with the crowdfunding website LoudSauce, put out a call in April for submissions for short TV spots, arguing that the voices of the so-called 1% were dominating the TV landscape.

“With the 2012 political campaign season underway, the national dialogue is again being controlled by the super wealthy,” the video introducing the campaign says. “The 1% is channeling its voice powerfully through super PACs. . . We need to take back the conversation again. We need some way to amplify the voices of the 99%.”

Starting today, the submitted videos are on a dedicated page on LoudSauce, and each one that raises at least $1,000 will be broadcast on TV this summer. (LoudSauce buys air time through auctions; it reduces the cost, although it means not all providers will carry the ad.)

View some of their best and laugh here.

http://beta.loudsauce.com/campaigns/occupy-spots
    Oh brother...

I picked one at random, the OccupyTheHood one...

Almost exactly what I expected, a black lady basically blaming everyone EXCEPT fellow blacks for their problems.

I'll look at some others but if you think that is going to move people...sorry, but that's a load of FAIL.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Here'ss my proposed solution to end the OWS protests-Depakote Sprinkles. It's a tranquilizer that comes in a form in which you can sprinkle it in people's food-they use it on autistic kids who won't swallow pills or people who have cp and/or a seizure disorder and also have problems with their throat muscles.

Prepare a bunch of organic, vegetarian food and liberally dose it with Depakote Sprinkles (but, obviously, don't give it to any children of protesters unfortunate enough to be there-have some Happy Meals on hand for them). Eventually, the protesters will remember that somewhere, there is a couch in front of a tv waiting for them.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh brother...

I picked one at random, the OccupyTheHood one...

Almost exactly what I expected, a black lady basically blaming everyone EXCEPT fellow blacks for their problems.

I'll look at some others but if you think that is going to move people...sorry, but that's a load of FAIL.
    I personally think the few I noticed them cursing in the ads will hold the most sway to viewers.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

It's official: Occupy the Couch in Mommy's Basement.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

The 'Freedom is Just a Word' one is stupid and pointless.
    It starts by apparently making it look like America's a horrible police state where freedom of speech is outlawed, then shows a bunch of random clips of protestors coming together. There's no mention of what their goals are, what the point of their movement is, etc.. A person with no familiarity with what the principles behind the Occupy movement are would honestly have no idea what the hell that video was supposed to be about.
    I'm reminded of one of the 'Grand Theft Auto' games, in which one of the radio stations you can tune into on your car at one point has a radio talk show host interacting with a caller who says he's trying to promote/ raise awareness of a protest demonstration that's apparently planned to see if he can get more people to come to it. However, he never says what it's about, whenever the host tries to ask him about it, he just says random things like "It's about everybody, all together, standing and being counted!", with no clue of what the point of the whole thing is.

Wow, it looks like they have raised a whole $66.00 so far.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Here'ss my proposed solution to end the OWS protests-Depakote Sprinkles. It's a tranquilizer that comes in a form in which you can sprinkle it in people's food-they use it on autistic kids who won't swallow pills or people who have cp and/or a seizure disorder and also have problems with their throat muscles.

Prepare a bunch of organic, vegetarian food and liberally dose it with Depakote Sprinkles (but, obviously, don't give it to any children of protesters unfortunate enough to be there-have some Happy Meals on hand for them). Eventually, the protesters will remember that somewhere, there is a couch in front of a tv waiting for them.
    You'll reach more Occuturds by treating the Cheeto supply.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand