1. #1 Angela Corey is Losing It 
    According to Alan Dershowitz Angela Corey may have engaged in what at best may be unethical behavior and at worse criminal behavior in getting the indictment against George Zimmerman.

Her beef was that I criticized her for filing a misleading affidavit that willfully omitted all information about the injuries Zimmerman had sustained during the “struggle” it described. She denied that she had any obligation to include in the affidavit truthful material that was favorable to the defense.

She insisted that she is entitled to submit what, in effect, were half truths in an affidavit of probable cause, so long as she subsequently provides the defense with exculpatory evidence.

She should go back to law school, where she will learn that it is never appropriate to submit an affidavit that contains a half truth, because a half truth is regarded by the law as a lie, and anyone who submits an affidavit swears to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Before she submitted the probable cause affidavit, Corey was fully aware that Zimmerman had sustained serious injuries to the front and back of his head. The affidavit said that her investigators “reviewed” reports, statements and “photographs” that purportedly “detail[ed] the following.”

It then went on to describe “the struggle,” but it deliberately omitted all references to Zimmerman’s injuries which were clearly visible in the photographs she and her investigators reviewed.

That is Hamlet without the Prince!
    I have tried to defend her actions as a prosecutor but after reading this I believe she should be investigated by the Florida Bar Association and if found guilty disbarred.

Read the story here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I have yet to see anything that justifies a 2nd degree murder charge against Zimmerman. Everything I've seen looks like a manslaughter case, including the remorse that Zimmerman has expressed, which I judge from my experience as a social worker to be genuine.

I respect Dershowitz's legal experience and knowlege, even if I don't always agree with his opinions on every issue all the time. I think he's right here, something isn't right with her case. She's over-reaching, perhaps to satisfy a bloodthirsty mob, or to make a national name for herself, or both.

When she ran for office she was supported by the Police Union. On the night she won the office, the former State's Attorney, Harry Shorstein (who she beat and held a grudge against) went to her headquarters to congratulate her and the police that were there wouldn't let him in. She said that the police who were present made that decision and they said the order came from her. At any rate, it showed that she is a very poor winner so I imagine she will be a worse loser and I suspect she is going to lose the Zimmerman case.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

My guess, and that's all it is, a guess, is that someone was looking into turning this into a larger 2ND Amendment case and the truth got out too fast. Now Zimmerman has got to face that...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

This entire affair is reminiscent of the Duke lacrosse team rape charges debacle. I think that, at the end of the day, heads will roll, but Mr. Zimmerman's will not be one of them (aside from the tarring of his reputation).
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    This entire affair is reminiscent of the Duke lacrosse team rape charges debacle. I think that, at the end of the day, heads will roll, but Mr. Zimmerman's will not be one of them (aside from the tarring of his reputation).
    If Mr. Z escapes a guilty verdict here, there will be another case right around the corner... and so forth and so forth and so forth until the required guilty verdict is obtained - assuming he also escapes all of the assassination attempts.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    According to Alan Dershowitz Angela Corey may have engaged in what at best may be unethical behavior and at worse criminal behavior in getting the indictment against George Zimmerman.

I have tried to defend her actions as a prosecutor but after reading this I believe she should be investigated by the Florida Bar Association and if found guilty disbarred.

Read the story here
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I didn't I tell you this woman was a nut?

The Real Angela Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I didn't I tell you this woman was a nut?

The Real Angela Corey
    I knew she was a nut... I just didn't realize that she was an imcompetent nut.

C. S. Lewis