Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Precisely, Mrs. Smith. Once the invasion of privacy is allowed, the limits of that invasion will almost invariably escape the control of the the invaded. History is replete with evidence of this sad truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    A friend of mine mentioned the emergency law Obama recently signed...the one giving him power to confiscate any "hoarded goods." I wonder if the drone flights are also tracking home-grown livestock and produce? If you thought you could get away with "hoarding" the products of your own labor during an emergency, would Uncle Sam know how big your garden has been, and how many chickens, goats, cows, rabbits, etc. you have raised??
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    For those who aren't concerned, every time we allow our liberties to be chipped away at, sooner or later none of us are free. "I have nothing to hide" isn't exactly true. Sure you might not think the drones will see and schmikkity-schmacking going on however, it will see that you put on a few pounds and report you to the Yeti in Chief.
    I had this conversation with my 16 yo daughter this morning. If the Nanny State can tell you what you cannot eat, they can tell you what you can (salt, sugar, etc). If we allow the slightest, seemingly insignificant intrusion into our privacy, or cede personal decisions like light bulb and toilet choices to Nanny Mc Government, we will eventually not be free at all.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I had this conversation with my 16 yo daughter this morning. If the Nanny State can tell you what you cannot eat, they can tell you what you can (salt, sugar, etc). If we allow the slightest, seemingly insignificant intrusion into our privacy, or cede personal decisions like light bulb and toilet choices to Nanny Mc Government, we will eventually not be free at all.
    Exactly. The other comments about having nothing to worry about because we're not breaking the law, that only applies if the people who decide what is acceptable aren't crazy. Like liberals.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    A friend of mine mentioned the emergency law Obama recently signed...the one giving him power to confiscate any "hoarded goods." I wonder if the drone flights are also tracking home-grown livestock and produce? If you thought you could get away with "hoarding" the products of your own labor during an emergency, would Uncle Sam know how big your garden has been, and how many chickens, goats, cows, rabbits, etc. you have raised??
    Bingo.

The other thing to watch out for is when the USDA demands drones to be used to track down people growing too much food for their own use. This kind of thing is already happening in Georgia without drones.