Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Human Milk In Restaurant Food? 
    Swiss restaurant to serve meals cooked with human breast milk
    A Swiss gastronomist has stirred a controversy in the tranquil Alpine republic after announcing that he will serve meals cooked with human breast milk.

Last Updated: 3:16PM BST 18 Sep 2008

Women will receive just over 3 (US$5.4) for 14 ounces of their milk Photo: GETTY The owner of the Storchen restaurant in the exclusive Winterthur resort will improve his menu with local specialities such as meat stew and various soups and sauces containing at least 75 per cent of mother's milk.

"We have all been raised on it. Why should we not include it into our diet?" Hans Locher, who has become Switzerland most controversial restaurant owner, said.

Mr Locher attracted the attention of the leading media of the German-speaking world this week after he posted ads looking for women donors, who will receive just over three pounds for 14 ounces of their milk.

He said: "I first experimented with breast milk when my daughter was born.

"One can cook really delicious things with it. However, it always needs to be mixed with a bit of whipped cream, in order to keep the consistency."
    I don't care how healthy it is. Ick!

Mooo!

2. #2 Swiss restaurant to serve meals cooked with human breast milk 
    The owner of the Storchen restaurant in the exclusive Winterthur resort will improve his menu with local specialities such as meat stew and various soups and sauces containing at least 75 per cent of mother's milk.

"We have all been raised on it. Why should we not include it into our diet?" Hans Locher, who has become Switzerland most controversial restaurant owner, said.

Mr Locher attracted the attention of the leading media of the German-speaking world this week after he posted ads looking for women donors, who will receive just over three pounds for 14 ounces of their milk.

He said: "I first experimented with breast milk when my daughter was born.

"One can cook really delicious things with it. However, it always needs to be mixed with a bit of whipped cream, in order to keep the consistency."
    Ewwww

and....ewwww.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    This isn't the same story that Ginger posted, is it?:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    This isn't the same story that Ginger posted, is it?:p
    I hate you.

I saw this earlier and it just infuriated me. Breast milk is a life saver for hospitalized preemies and this idiot is serving it in a restaurant???
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

$5.40 for 14 ounces? Damn.

If anyone needs any help getting knocked up, let me know.
    Be Not Afraid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I saw this earlier and it just infuriated me. Breast milk is a life saver for hospitalized preemies and this idiot is serving it in a restaurant???
    Is there a limited supply?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Often a new mom can't provide enough and has to purchase it. There are a limited number of nursing mothers able or willing to pump and process it for shipping to hospitals.

I am a former La leche leader and we dealt with these situations occasionally.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Is there a limited supply?
    Of JB's Sperm ?

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    The food control authority in Switzerland was initially confused by the apparent loophole in local legislation regulating the use of human milk and it was not clear whether Mr Locher could actually be banned from serving his specialities.
    "Humans as producers of milk are simply not envisaged in the legislation.

"They are not on the list of approved species such as cows and sheep, but they are also not on the list of the banned species such as apes and primates," Rolf Etter of the Zurich food control laboratory said.
    Yeah, but they will change the law, do a health inspection, and then this place will be so busted....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!