Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Chris Rock: 'We Ignore the President's Whiteness, But It's There' 
    Link
    Comedian Chris Rock plays the zebra Marty in "Madagascar 3: Escape to Euro” and appeared on NBC’s “Today” show to promote it. Ann Curry asked. Rock what animal he could be if he could choose anything. After considering the lion ("king of the jungle and all that") and the snake ("scare people, sssssss!"), Rock decided he'd stick with Marty the zebra, joking that it was "in honor of our zebra president, black and white, white and black." "I love our president, you know, but he's black and white, he appeals to all," Rock said. "That's what I'm going for….We ignore the President’s whiteness, but it’s there, it’s there,” Rock smiled and said.
    Good thing black people can't be racist.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

He wouldn't be ignoring it if Obama was a Republican. And Obama appeals to everyone because he's both black and white? I thought people are supposed to be appealing according to their character, not the color of their skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    He wouldn't be ignoring it if Obama was a Republican. And Obama appeals to everyone because he's both black and white? I thought people are supposed to be appealing according to their character, not the color of their skin.
    The maddening thing is the 'one drop' rule which is that if you have one drop of black blood in you, you're black. Imo, it depends on who raised you. My daughter is biracial and she 'acts white' according to kids at school. I'm ok with that. Seems to me 'acting black' is kind of, well, for lack of a better term, GHETTO.

Point is, Obama is black but he acts white, but the race baiters accept him as black because they think it forwards their agenda to have a black man as president. Power to the people, woo.

Compare that with the Republican response to Alan West. The only time I've ever seen his race be an issue for conservatives is when we're defending him against some idiot liberal who calls him Uncle Tom, etc. Going off the liberal plantation is severely frowned upon by democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    His Blackness doesn't appeal to me (basketball, put on Folksy speak, pimp walk, faux affectation of "coolness", etc), and his Whiteness doesn't appeal to me neither, since he completely turned his back on that heritage.

No, I judge what I see. What I see is a completely self absorbed, narcissistic, thin-skinned, lazy little man that by his own admission was not prepared for the position he was too selfish to ultimately deny. No, he had to run and win the presidency that he admitted he was not, and ultimately proved that he was not ready. I guess that huge character flaw just could not be ignored.

His whiteness cannot be masked by his affectation of coolness, it is just too transparent. No, he is as goofy looking as they come, on par with visions of Dukakis in the tank.
    Last edited by AmPat; 06-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

is it me or was that like a back handed complement?

You all have heard me say ad nauseum on these boards that when it comes to blacks, it's race first followed by party, all else is a distant 3rd. In case a black person dares stray from the plantation and be a conservative/Republican, option B trumps option A but only in that circumstance. And I simply don't get it. For a people who for decades and maybe a few centuries on this continent who were slaves and tout that to everyone who is listening, they certainly can't recognize that they are still living a life of servitude. If Frederick Douglas or Sojourner Truth were alive today, they'd be looked at as Uncle Tom's or house slaves. Read their writings. These people were as conservative as the day was long. Hell, MLK was a Republican. But then LBJ came up with a scheme to give blacks money without having to actually earn it and all of a sudden a new breed of slave was born and these people have been bamboozled(to steal a word they seem to use a lot) into being slaves to the government.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You all have heard me say ad nauseum on these boards that when it comes to blacks, it's race first followed by party, all else is a distant 3rd. In case a black person dares stray from the plantation and be a conservative/Republican, option B trumps option A but only in that circumstance. And I simply don't get it. For a people who for decades and maybe a few centuries on this continent who were slaves and tout that to everyone who is listening, they certainly can't recognize that they are still living a life of servitude. If Frederick Douglas or Sojourner Truth were alive today, they'd be looked at as Uncle Tom's or house slaves. Read their writings. These people were as conservative as the day was long. Hell, MLK was a Republican. But then LBJ came up with a scheme to give blacks money without having to actually earn it and all of a sudden a new breed of slave was born and these people have been bamboozled(to steal a word they seem to use a lot) into being slaves to the government.
    Let's hear from LBJ, the DIMoRAT hero of the Civil Rights Act:
    "I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years." -- Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One Ronald Kessler's "Inside The White House"

"These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.” -- LBJ

"This civil rights program about which you have heard so much is a farce and a sham--an effort to set up a police state in the guise of liberty. I am opposed to that program. I fought it in the Congress. It is the province of the state to run its own elections.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8060622AAKgnQH
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I've thought about it and I think you're right. It was a way to diminish Obama's "whiteness" without sounding like the racist he apparently is. Nothing new for Chris Rock, his comedy is.. questionable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link

Good thing black people can't be racist.
    Nothing racist about that statement at all.

You're like one of these people who looks in every nook and cranny for something to criticize/hate the President for.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Nothing racist about that statement at all.

You're like one of these people who looks in every nook and cranny for something to criticize/hate the President for.
    I criticized the President? When did Chris Rock become President?

You're thinking of the DUmmies and President Bush.