1. #1 Romney's trans team leader favors 0bamacare 

Romney's Transition Leader Favors Implementing Obamacare

One of the few Republicans in the country who's been tirelessly pushing for the implementation of Obamacare at the state level has been tapped to head Mitt Romney's transition team, should he become president.

Former HHS Secretary Michael Leavitt, and his consulting group Leavitt Partners, are the primary advocates within Republican circles for implementation of Obamacare's exchanges. It just so happens that his consultancy is one of the major beneficiaries of the taxpayer funded gold mine of hundreds of millions of dollars in exchange implementation grants. But that's a coincidence, of course. >>>

What's most concerning about all of this is not that Romney selected one of the few Republicans in the country who backs implementation of Obamacare's exchanges. It's what the selection of Leavitt means as an indication of how Romney would potentially "fix" Obamacare if repeal proves impossible. According to Politico, "already, plugged-in Republicans from Washington to Salt Lake City are buzzing that Leavitt could make his own transition next January into the job of White House chief of staff or as a Valerie Jarrett-like personal counselor to a President Romney."

Should the Supreme Court strike down only a portion of Obamacare, it seems clear Leavitt would be a major voice in deciding how to replace it. And he is convinced that "exchanges are part of the future, no matter what."

Ricochet.com

-------------------------------------------

So this guy and his consulting agency (Leavitt Partners) has been tirelessly pushing for 0bamacare at the state level. This is a person who will have enormous input/influence over who might be appointed to head Presidential personnel (personnel is policy) and who might be the policy advisors on various committees.

This is Romneys FIRST MAJOR CHOICE to head a major transition team. One of the most liberal republicans there is. And then theres Glen Hubbard who is Romneys economic advisor. Who if you listen closely sounds very much like the left on economic policy.

WHERE are the conservative advisors? There must be some ... where are they? WHO are they? What is the Romney health care plan for America? Why is this a secret? Where is the Romney's plan on social security... and medicare? And what is the Romney plan for pro growth tax policy? The 59 point plan has been 'evolving' somewhat. Perhaps this needs to be re-visited and clarified.

Keep your powder dry folks. This is a clear signal where Romney is headed when he becomes President. Kicking 0bama out is just the first step ...We've got to vote out the RINOs that surround Romney w/solid conservatives in the House and the Senate if we're to have any chance of stopping this train from heading off the cliff. Starting with getting rid of John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and Eric Cantor and their ilk.

The left never stops - in either party. This is why we cannot compromise. They must be defeated.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Romney's website addresses some of your concerns, for example:
    Health Care
    Social Security
    Medicare

RINOs must go and I agree with you that his choices for advisors stinks, but his site is fairly (they answer email too) informative and fb page too. Ugh I hate defending Romney.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

People need to remember that, on this issue at least, who is POTUS is significantly less important than who is in control of Congress. After all, it is that body that passes, amends, and repeals the laws of this land. As long as they can override a presidential veto, they can repeal Obamacare and roll back the unconstitutional powers that the executive has seized due to the relegation of same by this and previous Congresses.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    People need to remember that, on this issue at least, who is POTUS is significantly less important than who is in control of Congress. After all, it is that body that passes, amends, and repeals the laws of this land. As long as they can override a presidential veto, they can repeal Obamacare and roll back the unconstitutional powers that the executive has seized due to the relegation of same by this and previous Congresses.
    This is actually true for almost any facet of life and law in this country. i.e. correlate the debt and spending with the congressional dim v rep population rather than with which holds the WH. Much better relationship.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    This is actually true for almost any facet of life and law in this country. i.e. correlate the debt and spending with the congressional dim v rep population rather than with which holds the WH. Much better relationship.
    Precisely. While the presidency has a very important constitutional roll (e.g. CIC, the implementation and enforcement of laws, etc.), legislatively he is limited to his ability to drive a narrative in Congress and the power of the veto pen. For the last century and a half, and with increasing frequency and ramifications, Congress has be derelict in its constitutional duties and has ceded to the Executive powers the nation's founders would be appalled at.

At the end of the day, Congress (and in particular the House of Representatives) is the branch of government which, while being coequal, was framed to be the voice of the People. Sadly, that has not been the case for quite some time and it's what must be restored with greater urgency than the wayward Executive, since it is nearly impossible to achieve the latter with any degree of success without achieving the former first.

In a certain sense, the importance that the electorate has placed on the office of the presidency (the Executive) has strengthened the hand of that branch even as it has weakened the Legislative branch. As a result, we are all complicit to some degree in the state of our federal government at this time. Unless we understand this dynamic we will continue to be complicit in the tyranny that can be the only result of such a course.

Don't get me wrong, the presidency matters. It's just that Congress matters one hell of a lot more.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post

Don't get me wrong, the presidency matters. It's just that Congress matters one hell of a lot more.
    This is why we need staunch conservative in Congress. A RINO CIC with a RINO led Congress should not be tolerated. I held my nose and defended Bush for 8 long years. Im quite familiar with the accompanying stench in that regard. The more RINO the CIC, the more important to throw the congressional RINOS out ... esp the 'leadership'. Lefty rinos care only for their power, not the future of the republic. Thus my little rant.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Banned
    BC / BS loves Obamacare. They've been restructuring and gearing up for 2014.

If SCOTUS strikes down the mandate, which it appears they might, I guess we can all just buy insurance when we get sick.

Romney is having to create a very distorted version of himself to win over the base, writing history whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    BC / BS loves Obamacare. They've been restructuring and gearing up for 2014.

If SCOTUS strikes down the mandate, which it appears they might, I guess we can all just buy insurance when we get sick.

Romney is having to create a very distorted version of himself to win over the base, writing history whenever possible.
    You might want to get your Blue Dress dry cleaned stinky pig, OBlather's DNA is all over it.
    Funny how you O Blah Blah worshipers attack anything and everything about (insert Obama opponent here)________________, yet what negatives we DO Know about your god, probably pales in comparison to what he and his adoring media are covering up about him.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand