Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm glad Ronald Reagan did place such a great importance on marriage and valuing the woman he loves. I don't think he was necessarily any better than Obama though as somebody suggested. As pointed out, he *did* divorce. I still think Reagan did value marriage, but I do think he wasn't better than certain other people. While getting a divorce doesn't make one somebody who doesn't value marriage, I do have to point out that Obama hasn't divorced.

Instead of making idols out of some Presidents and villains out of others using marriage as an excuse, why not just admire one's words of wisdom regarding marriage and leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    But the RINO in her insists she put the negative spin on anything Conservative.

In that way she's like our resident Romney basher.

They are both beating on the same dead horse.
    Before the primary ended, nearly everybody here was a Romney basher. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Before the primary ended, nearly everybody here was a Romney basher. Just saying.
    Yes, yes they were/are. However our choices have been somewhat narrowed now
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Yes, yes they were/are. However our choices have been somewhat narrowed now
    I guess we wouldn't need primaries if everyone backed the same candidate from day one, why does she need this explained?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Umm not really.

But thanks for being a contestant on "I'm a Libtard Idiot".
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You know, you could have just said that it was a nice letter, and let it go at that. Did you disagree with the advice?
    No, I didn't disagree, but it's a little curious that it's only about sexual fidelity. There is a lot more to marriage - even for 26 year old guys. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    But the RINO in her insists she put the negative spin on anything Conservative.

In that way she's like our resident Romney basher.

They are both beating on the same dead horse.
    I probably am a "RINO" by the lights of most people here - I was raised by what used to be known as "country club Republicans" and that is still the metier in which I'm comfortable. But I worked at the RNC during the Reagan administration and liked them both (especially Nancy, who was as contemptuous of "social" conservatives as I tend to be!).
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Strange, I wonder why I do that with your posts??? I suppose you have no part in that.
    It's weird that you analyze my posts at all. I don't spend much time on yours!

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Nope. Ronnie's letter probably had nothing to do with it either way. It's interesting that his letter focuses entirely on sexual fidelity, though - maybe he knew what Michael's weak point was likely to be?

Or he knew his own weaknesses and how they contributed to the end of his marriage to Jane Wyman.

Although it's gotten lost in the thread, the book referred to in the OP is wonderful.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.