Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Jet The Fire Dog 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,432
    We have a new family member, the testing lab I do work for bought a forensic dog used for sniffing out accelerants in arson fires, our climate is to warm for her so the dog trainers were going to put her to sleep and replace her. She has had lots of obedience training besides the chemical sniffing and does whatever you tell her, it just didn't seem right to kill her because she couldn't stand the heat down here, she is a husky lab mix.
    They spent several thousand dollars on this dog, it makes no sense to me to give up this easy, I would have tried shaving her .
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,432
    This is Paco Bueno , He stays with us mon-fri while his dad drives truck, he doesn't like air conditioning so he always slides under blankets.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,427
    Jet looks like a cutie and you really shouldn't keep Rats in the house...

    They both look greyt!
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,432
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Jet looks like a cutie and you really shouldn't keep Rats in the house...

    They both look greyt!
    Paco would take you off at the ankles for that!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Paco would take you off at the ankles for that!
    As well he should. Both are cuties.

    Can't believe that they would put that beautiful dog down, but they do it all the time with greyhounds. My sweet Darlene, the black greyhound, was scheduled to be put down by the owner. The trainers snuck her out of the kennel, against the wishes of the owner, and spirited her to the greyhound rescue group. Darlene is the sweetest dog in the world.

    Rock, you've done both yourself and Jet a favor. Sounds like you've got a well trained, beautiful dog. And he has a wonderful home. You're both lucky---and you're a really good guy.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,432
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    As well he should. Both are cuties.

    Can't believe that they would put that beautiful dog down, but they do it all the time with greyhounds. My sweet Darlene, the black greyhound, was scheduled to be put down by the owner. The trainers snuck her out of the kennel, against the wishes of the owner, and spirited her to the greyhound rescue group. Darlene is the sweetest dog in the world.

    Rock, you've done both yourself and Jet a favor. Sounds like you've got a well trained, beautiful dog. And he has a wonderful home. You're both lucky---and you're a really good guy.
    That woman keeps telling her to sit, come ,stay and roll over the poor dog is going to sleep well tonight, she gives it Pringles for doing the tricks though.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That woman keeps telling her to sit, come ,stay and roll over the poor dog is going to sleep well tonight, she gives it Pringles for doing the tricks though.
    Sounds like "that woman" likes the pooch. That's greyt and those Pringles are better for Jet than the Chinese jerky treats.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,432
    Fire dog pays no mind to the goats or livestock but she is fascinated by cottontail rabbits, she'll freeze and stare at them several minutes until they forget she's there and then takes off after them full speed.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •