Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Why the right hates teachers, firefighters and cops. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man...Raven is just dumb. This has got to be the stupidest thing I've seen her post!!!

Mon Jun 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Raven

Why the right hates teachers, firefighters and cops.

Teachers are smarter, firefighters are braver and stronger and cops are authority figures.

I've mentioned my encounters with folks on the right before on DU...one said of firefighters "It's God's will, some houses will burn." And of cops "I get my public safety from the barrel of a gun."

Many of these folks home school their kids because they think they are better teachers and they can control what their kids learn.

So, there you have it in a nutshell: mistrust of learning, distrust of authority and jealousy of those who risk their lives for others.

Not a pretty picture.
    I know she's Pitt's mom but...oh wait, she's Pitt's mom. Never mind.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I dont hate them at all, I just dont think they should earn so much they break the bank.

Everyone who lost money in their retirement accounts in the last 10 years or so have pension envy-the government guarantees the pensions of their employees, but not the private sector's retirement plans.

As a government employee, I really don't make as much money as conservative politicians imply. Yes, I make more money than the assistant manager at Mickey D's, but a college degree is not required to be an assistant manager at Mickey Ds.

Many of these folks home school their kids because they think they are better teachers and they can control what their kids learn.
    I suspect liberals only support CHOICE when it's about aborting a baby.

Of the 3 mentioned in the OP, teachers are the only ones I've ever seen most liberals support. They especially seem to not like cops. Cops bust you for smoking pot most places.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

I don't know anyone who hates teachers, cops or firemen. I will say that the teaching profession, on the whole, has dropped its standards quite a bit from when my mother was a teacher in NYC, but that's another issue. However, the left is projecting. Many of them do hate specific groups of people, including professions. The left loathes the military, for example, not to mention bankers, energy producers and any corporation larger than a lemonade stand.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Yeah I've noticed how much love DUmmies have for cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I don't know anyone who hates teachers, cops or firemen. I will say that the teaching profession, on the whole, has dropped its standards quite a bit from when my mother was a teacher in NYC, but that's another issue. However, the left is projecting. Many of them do hate specific groups of people, including professions. The left loathes the military, for example, not to mention bankers, energy producers and any corporation larger than a lemonade stand.
    I don't either. As a matter of fact, I hold a teaching certificate/license. I'm also a retired Soldier that has been in combat, so I'm certain that bravery has been addressed. As for authority figures? I retired as a company commander with a responsibility for 85 Soldiers (and their families). As a CO, I had many more authority figures over me than most "cops" ever have.

Why does the left hate the military? Probably because they are smarter, braver, and are authority figures. One other factor in their hate is: Their monkey handlers trained them to hate the military.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I dont hate them at all, I just dont think they should earn so much they break the bank.
    It's not that I hate them, it's just that I don't want people to die, or schools to shutdown, when they go on strike when they can't get their 29% raise [detroit teachers are demanding that]

Why the right hates cops and firefighters.....

I find that interesting. I can't speak for all cops. I can speak for those I've met over 25 yrs as a cop, and I've met a lot mostly throughout the southwest and south while shooting in competition. I retired in 1993, but still compete in matches in the SW occasionally. During those years competing in various matches, I've ridden on patrol in many, many counties, towns and cities in the south and southwest. Those I met at matches were local, state and some Federal (mostly Border Patrol).

In spite of the TV show COPS, and the various fictional cop related shows, I don't think I've run more than a small handful of cops who are liberal. Most are very conservative and right of center. I'm a member of the FOP. In every presidential election while I've been a member, going back to 1968, the FOP supported and/endorsed the Republican candidate for POTUS, and I don't recall here in NM them ever backing a democrat for senate or house.

The national FOP has always been a strong supporter of the Second Amendment. The FOP membership are working cops usually below the rank of lieutenant. Although it's left up to the individual lodge to set upper limits, as a rule ranks above lieutenant aren't permitted to join.

It's interesting that in 2004, every single FOP lodge in the nation, from Maine to California and Washington State to Florida voted to endorse Bush over kerry the Traitor. I don't have the statistics handy for 2008, but by a large majority they supported McCain over obama.

No doubt some on the right hate cops. We're people. Some hate doctors, nurses, dentists and plumbers and garbage collectors too.

Having dealt with the public for 25 yrs, I can say with some authority that I ran into a helluva lot more liberal types who hated cops, and anybody who disagreed with them, than those on the right.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

I am a proud Conservative and I hate Dog Catchers.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand