Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Where you ever a repub or conserv? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Maybe one of the DU "It's a Trap!!!" posts...

Mon Jun 11, 2012, 04:42 PM
    cynatnite

Where you ever a repub or conserv?

Last edited Mon Jun 11, 2012, 05:05 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    I called myself a repub some years ago. It was the Contract with America in 1994 that I switched parties. It was so repugnant to me and I refused to be a part of that party anymore.

on edit: I was young and stupid then.

Care to share your story?
    Not on DU.

I was a Dem for a long time when I was young and not paying attention. No longer...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Being raised in Okla when I was you better have been a Democrat or you didn't vote except in the general election. There were very few Repubs running for anything back then. But there were a lot of conservative Democrats and very few dims.

I voted for JFK but not for LBJ. Those of us just north of the Red River knew him all too well.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Growing up in 1990s North Carolina to Army parents, I was raised with Republican views. As many of you know, my views aren't really in line with the GOP these days. But they are neither in line with the Democrat/Liberal philosophy. I look at everything in conjunction with the Constitutuion and it has taught me one thing: The right answer isn't always the popular answer. But, such is life. And if I had to pick between Republican or Democrat, I would consider myself a Republican of the two.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

In 1968 I came home from Vietnam thoroughly disgusted with LBJ, McNamara and the democratic party in general. I volunteered to work at the American Independent Party HQ in Albuquerque and actively campaigned for George Wallace. 1968 was the first year I was eligible to vote. Although a kid in 1960, I didn't like Kennedy and his scummy brother Bobby sure didn't impress me. I was not upset to hear about his demise (sorry if that offends anyone - not really).

Since 1968, I've voted Republican.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Not on DU.

I was a Dem for a long time when I was young and not paying attention. No longer...
    I'm not one much for being a spelling nazi, but I'm very upset about the first word in that title.

This is very upsetting and I vow to vote for people who can spell this November. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm not one much for being a spelling nazi, but I'm very upset about the first word in that title.

This is very upsetting and I vow to vote for people who can spell this November. lol.
    I'd prefer you vote for someone who knows American history and knows exactly how many states we have.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Not on DU.

Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I'm mostly a democrat, but I vote for republicans on occasion. There are plenty of people in both parties that I dislike. There are republicans I like-Gov. Snyder of Michigan, former Gov. Milliken, Condi Rice, my mayor (Jim Fouts) and anyone who opposes any democrat for Macomb County Prosecutor, since the dems elected to that office are idiots who charge those who are obviously guilty of first degree murder with second degree murder (i.e. Stephen Grant and the bitches who killed CPS worker Lisa Putnam).

Before Reagan, I was not old enough to vote. If I had been, there were more republicans back then that I would have voted for then than now- Gerald Ford, for example. In 1980, I was 16 and my brother was 17. We both were enthusiastic about John Anderson, the republican who ran as an independent, and probably would have voted for him if we had been old enough to do so. Heck, the pre-Reagan GHW Bush was a liberal.

I fell for the snake tongue our failure in chief had during the 2008 election, I wasn't old enough to vote, thank God. Now when I think about the chance of O getting a second term I feel like I'm being squished into a cage and told to like it, everything liberals do goes against human nature and that is why liberalism needs people to be ignorant and mindless.

Me too. 1976. Since then, I became educated and started thinking on my own. I could not continue the idiocy demanded by the left. Carter was good for me since then, I never swallowed another liberal lie.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand