Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Backer Bill Maher: We Need to Get Over This American Exceptionalism Thing 
    Can you imagine?
    Remember when President Obama said, "I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism," in April 2009? Well now Obama's million dollar man Bill Maher is saying we need to "get over" this whole American exceptionalism thing. Maher calls America a "stupid" country. If it's so stupid, why doesn't Maher take his show to a country that isn't stupid? Oh wait, because he couldn't say the things he does in any other country. Maher also repeatedly slams Mitt Romey's Mormon faith as well.
    Video at link, if you can stomach it.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Can you imagine?

Video at link, if you can stomach it.
    Ironically, the one argument that can be made for the stupidity of America is its tolerance of Bill Maher.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Ironically, the one argument that can be made for the stupidity of America is its tolerance of Bill Maher.
    Yeah when you think about it, exceptionalism has taken a hit. There's so many idiots, unpatriotic and self-absorbed people, that yes, a case could be made.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Who honestly cares what this pathetic, craven, overly provocative, little man has to say? He thinks his country is stupid? Get a refund from the obama campaign and go elsewhere.

America! Love it or carry your ass...

Well, as painful as it is to either say or admit, they are now correct. We are no more special than Greece/Spain/Portugal, etc, etc,,. We don't manufacture or produce. We sell or give away whatever technology we create so that it can be copied and sold back to us by our creditors. We borrow money from Chinese Communists to hand over to ungrateful nations that hate our guts. We liberate millions (whether they ask us or not), so that they can hate us even more. We hand our lazy, ungrateful population money taken from producing citizens in exchange for their votes.

No, I'd say that O Blather and his demons from Hell have succeeded beyond their wildest hopes in the last three years. They have fundamentally changed our once great nation into a hopeless, pathetic pile of third world laziness and poverty.

If we don't reverse the last three plus years of Marxist rule, we are finished. No, not necessarily overnight. More like a long, slow, deathbed disease where we get to watch the death for months and years.

I really want to be wrong. My hope is now pinned on a moderate Mass. politician that doesn't appear to have the principles or courage to attack from strong conservative ideas. Not much hope, but better than another four years of terminal Marxism.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The question is: How many people actually understand what American Exceptionalism means?
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    The question is: How many people actually understand what American Exceptionalism means?
    I'd say about 47%.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'd say about 47%.
    I think that is a little generous
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Well, as painful as it is to either say or admit, they are now correct. We are no more special than Greece/Spain/Portugal, etc, etc,,. We don't manufacture or produce. We sell or give away whatever technology we create so that it can be copied and sold back to us by our creditors. We borrow money from Chinese Communists to hand over to ungrateful nations that hate our guts. We liberate millions (whether they ask us or not), so that they can hate us even more. We hand our lazy, ungrateful population money taken from producing citizens in exchange for their votes.

No, I'd say that O Blather and his demons from Hell have succeeded beyond their wildest hopes in the last three years. They have fundamentally changed our once great nation into a hopeless, pathetic pile of third world laziness and poverty.

If we don't reverse the last three plus years of Marxist rule, we are finished. No, not necessarily overnight. More like a long, slow, deathbed disease where we get to watch the death for months and years.

I really want to be wrong. My hope is now pinned on a moderate Mass. politician that doesn't appear to have the principles or courage to attack from strong conservative ideas. Not much hope, but better than another four years of terminal Marxism.
    Actually, our penchant for manufacturing went away long before Obama took office. As for the other stuff, that, too, has been happening for quite sometime. Obama and his cast of clowns only succeeded in hitting the gas pedal.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Well now Obama's million dollar man Bill Maher is saying we need to "get over" this whole American exceptionalism thing.
    Oh, don't worry, Bill. Once Obama is done wrecking our economy and our national credit rating and, well, everything else he can get his grimy little claws on, American exceptionalism will be a thing of yesterday.