Thread: Zimmerman's wife arrested, accused of perjury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Zimmerman's wife arrested, accused of perjury 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

From Vivian Kuo, CNN
    updated 4:54 PM EDT, Tue June 12, 2012

(CNN)
    -- George Zimmerman's wife was arrested Tuesday afternoon for allegedly lying at his bond hearing about the couple's finances.

Shellie N. Zimmerman, 25, faces a perjury charge, according to Jackie Barnard, spokeswoman for the State Attorney's office for the Fourth Judicial District of Florida.

Shellie Zimmernan will be arraigned July 31, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office. She met conditions for a $1,000 bond and was released Tuesday afternoon.

Her husband, 28, is accused in the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

From Vivian Kuo, CNN
    updated 4:54 PM EDT, Tue June 12, 2012

(CNN)
    -- George Zimmerman's wife was arrested Tuesday afternoon for allegedly lying at his bond hearing about the couple's finances.

Shellie N. Zimmerman, 25, faces a perjury charge, according to Jackie Barnard, spokeswoman for the State Attorney's office for the Fourth Judicial District of Florida.

Shellie Zimmernan will be arraigned July 31, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office. She met conditions for a $1,000 bond and was released Tuesday afternoon.

Her husband, 28, is accused in the February shooting death of Trayvon Martin, 17, in Sanford.

LINK
    gah
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies are all happy. For whatever retarded reason...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUmmies are all happy. For whatever retarded reason...
    Well from what I've seen of HIS case, they're going to be disappointed with the outcome, so they can have this one.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

This doesn't surprise me in the least... Angela Corey and her office showing just how tough they are by harassing people just because they can.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This doesn't surprise me in the least... Angela Corey and her office showing just how tough they are by harassing people just because they can.
    This is a ridiculous miscarriage of justice. Avenging Angela needs her wings clipped.

The State Attorney's office keeps digging a deeper hole with this entire mess.....there is no way they can cover it up.

What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    This is a ridiculous miscarriage of justice. Avenging Angela needs her wings clipped.
    Our HOA was going to form a neighborhood watch---not a Citizen's Patrol---just a simple watch where we'd call the police if we saw something out of the ordinary and have a "telephone tree" to notice neighbors in our immediate vicinity.

Luckily I thought of calling our HOA insurance agent before we went further. They said that since the Treyvon Martin case, neither the HOA nor the individual participants would be covered. We abandoned the project. So now we, along with so many Floridians, are at the mercy of the little hoodlums.

Way to go, Angela and crew!
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Our HOA was going to form a neighborhood watch---not a Citizen's Patrol---just a simple watch where we'd call the police if we saw something out of the ordinary and have a "telephone tree" to notice neighbors in our immediate vicinity.

Luckily I thought of calling our HOA insurance agent before we went further. They said that since the Treyvon Martin case, neither the HOA nor the individual participants would be covered. We abandoned the project. So now we, along with so many Floridians, are at the mercy of the little hoodlums.

Somehow, I think that if there had been more of an HOA and less of a Citizen's Patrol, Trayvon Martin might still be alive. An HOA sounds like the kind of thing in which neighbors get to know neighbors-maybe if George Zimmerman had known Trayvon's family situation, he would have recognized the kid as someone who lived there and all would have been well?

This whole thing is terrible and I sympathize with both sides-Trayvon's family because their son is dead, and Zimmerman because although I think he made a mistake, I also think he's being crucified by the prosecutor and the media for something he feels genuine remorse over. I don't like the mob justice aspect of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Somehow, I think that if there had been more of an HOA and less of a Citizen's Patrol, Trayvon Martin might still be alive. An HOA sounds like the kind of thing in which neighbors get to know neighbors-maybe if George Zimmerman had known Trayvon's family situation, he would have recognized the kid as someone who lived there and all would have been well?

This whole thing is terrible and I sympathize with both sides-Trayvon's family because their son is dead, and Zimmerman because although I think he made a mistake, I also think he's being crucified by the prosecutor and the media for something he feels genuine remorse over. I don't like the mob justice aspect of it all.
    The entirety of this whole "neighborhood watch" crap that keeps getting spewed in this case is absolutely, positively nothing but a red herring and has exactly zero to do with the actual case. It no more matters whether Zimmerman was a member, captain, or admiral of some "neighborhood watch," be it "official" or not, than it matters whether he is a member of the Future Farmers of America or the Knights of Columbus. Neighborhood watch, "citizens' patrol," or any of these other group designations have absolutely nothing to do with this: this is about an individual acting, not some group. DO NOT buy into the bullshit hype about "neighborhood watch" this and "citizens' patrol" that: every time you hear/read those mentioned in relation to this case, you can know right away that whoever is talking about/reporting on this case is utterly and completely full of shit and should not only be dismissed for their stupidity, but also told to go fuck themselves with a chainsaw until they manage to get their facts straight.

Now, all of that having been said, it does appear that the prosecution has some actual evidence of Shellie Zimmerman lying, based upon the news reports. It appears that they have banking records and at least one witness to the money transfer, as opposed to their previous "proof," which was "code-speak." So, there probably is something to this, and that means that Shellie has done some very serious damage to her husband's defense. While I can understand lying out of fear, and I'm sure both have been in a lot of fear with the political prosecution of George going on, she still has an obligation to be honest with the court.

Of course, there would have been no lying if Corey had not launched this political prosecution for personal fame and glory in the first place. As such, when the charges against Zimmerman are dismissed, the perjury charge against Shellie should be dismissed, her record expunged, and of course they should sue Angela Corey right into a refrigerator box under the nastiest overpass in Orlando.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.