1. #1 Are you a lady who lunches? 
    I never particularly was a "lady who lunches". Most of the time I've been working at my job and worked through my lunch hour. Now that I'm in lovely Sarasota, I've met some friends who like to "do lunch".

There's something called "Savor Sarasota". It's a two week promotion where the better (translated expensive) restaurants have a special menu and special prices. My friends decided to go to the Ritz Carlton for lunch. I hadn't been to the one here, although I used to go to company lunches in St Louis at the Ritz Carlton there. The difference is I wasn't paying for it in StL.

This "savor" business has to be a racket. The portions were tiny. The Ritz is elegant. The room was lovely, looked like a big ballroom. Even giving away the food (to their mind giving away constitutes a $15 lunch as opposed to their $24.95 lunch), the room was almost empty. I guess even at $15 people weren't going there in droves.

I digress. I had a French onion soup, presented nicely in a little crockery dish with the cheese melted on the top and dripping down the sides. The waiter, when asked, swore it wasn't salty. He lied.

The main entry was gnocci, tiny little potato dumplings. I think there might have been 7 in the tiny casserole dish, along with some mini, very tiny tomatoes, maybe 5 at the most. They were swimming in a sea of olive oil. It wasn't good. I'm still tasting it (ate at 1pm) They also had a tiny sliver of key lime pie. It probably was 1/5, maybe less, of a normal small piece.

All of it was served at once on a small tray. This way the waiter didn't have to waste time on us. By the time the soup was finished, the oily gnocci were oil logged. I don't think they accomplished their purpose, to inspire people to come there and pay their regular exorbitant prices. I was not impressed and wish that I hadn't wasted the money. I guess I won't be "putting on the Ritz".
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I don't think I'm a lady who lunches. I like to eat at restaurants but I'm cheap. I'll never be puttin on the ritz!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I never particularly was a "lady who lunches". Most of the time I've been working at my job and worked through my lunch hour. Now that I'm in lovely Sarasota, I've met some friends who like to "do lunch".

There's something called "Savor Sarasota". It's a two week promotion where the better (translated expensive) restaurants have a special menu and special prices. My friends decided to go to the Ritz Carlton for lunch. I hadn't been to the one here, although I used to go to company lunches in St Louis at the Ritz Carlton there. The difference is I wasn't paying for it in StL.

This "savor" business has to be a racket. The portions were tiny. The Ritz is elegant. The room was lovely, looked like a big ballroom. Even giving away the food (to their mind giving away constitutes a $15 lunch as opposed to their $24.95 lunch), the room was almost empty. I guess even at $15 people weren't going there in droves.

I digress. I had a French onion soup, presented nicely in a little crockery dish with the cheese melted on the top and dripping down the sides. The waiter, when asked, swore it wasn't salty. He lied.

The main entry was gnocci, tiny little potato dumplings. I think there might have been 7 in the tiny casserole dish, along with some mini, very tiny tomatoes, maybe 5 at the most. They were swimming in a sea of olive oil. It wasn't good. I'm still tasting it (ate at 1pm) They also had a tiny sliver of key lime pie. It probably was 1/5, maybe less, of a normal small piece.

All of it was served at once on a small tray. This way the waiter didn't have to waste time on us. By the time the soup was finished, the oily gnocci were oil logged. I don't think they accomplished their purpose, to inspire people to come there and pay their regular exorbitant prices. I was not impressed and wish that I hadn't wasted the money. I guess I won't be "putting on the Ritz".
    Hopefully the next resturant on the list provides a better meal.

I eat take out food at my desk for lunch.

Today, with it being 100 degrees and all, I'm not sure what I'll get-a salad or BBQ chicken from my favorite place. Either way, it's a summer food kind of day.

LUNCH WITH THE GIRLS
    A group of 15-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Dairy Queen, next door to the Ocean View restaurant, because they had only $6.00 among them and Brad Johnson, the cute boy in Social Studies, lived on that street.

10 years later, the group of 25-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant, because the beer was cheap, the restaurant offered free snacks, the band was good, there was no cover charge, and there were lots of cute guys.

10 years later, the group of 35-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant, because the cosmos were good, it was right near the gym and, if they went late enough, there wouldn't be too many whiny little kids.

10 years later, the group of 45-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant, because the martinis were big, and the waiters wore tight pants and had nice buns.

10 years later, the group of 55-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant, because the prices were reasonable, the wine list was good, the restaurant had windows that opened (in case of hot flashes), and they served fish which is good for your cholesterol.

10 years later, the group of 65-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant, because the lighting was good, and the restaurant had a senior citizen discounts.

10 years later, the group of 75-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant, because the food was not too spicy, and the restaurant was handicapped-accessible.

10 years later, the group of 85-year-old girlfriends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant, because they had never been there before.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.