Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Obama administration stops deporting some young immigrants 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Tom Cohen, CNN
    updated 11:12 AM EDT, Fri June 15, 2012

Washington (CNN) -- In an election-year policy change, the Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children if they meet certain requirements.

The new policy will cover people younger than 30 who came to the United States before the age of 16, pose no criminal or security threat, and were successful students or served in the military, the Department of Homeland Security announced.

It also will allow those meeting the requirements to apply for work permits, the statement said. The initial deferral of deportation will be for two years, and participants must be in the United States now and be able to prove they have been living in the country continuously for at least five years.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    By Tom Cohen, CNN
    updated 11:12 AM EDT, Fri June 15, 2012

Washington (CNN) -- In an election-year policy change, the Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children if they meet certain requirements.

The new policy will cover people younger than 30 who came to the United States before the age of 16, pose no criminal or security threat, and were successful students or served in the military, the Department of Homeland Security announced.

It also will allow those meeting the requirements to apply for work permits, the statement said. The initial deferral of deportation will be for two years, and participants must be in the United States now and be able to prove they have been living in the country continuously for at least five years.

LINK
    Ahhh, obama, the great unifier.....

Quote Originally Posted by wasp69 View Post
    Ahhh, obama, the great unifier.....
    Smells more like desperation and race politics...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I don't have a problem with this. It's a recognition that kids don't always have a choice about things when their parents choose to violate the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Smells more like desperation and race politics...
    Kinda my point.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't have a problem with this. It's a recognition that kids don't always have a choice about things when their parents choose to violate the law.
    You don't have a problem with the Chief Executive of the United States not fulfilling his oath of office and upholding Federal Law?

You don't have a problem with the Chief Executive of the United States not fulfilling his oath of office and upholding Federal Law?
    I see it as tweaking the federal law to make exceptions for innocents who really have nowhere to go back to.

I see it as tweaking the federal law to make exceptions for innocents who really have nowhere to go back to.
    It's a blatant end-run around congress which already killed the Dream Act...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Damn shame the president really doesn't have the authority to tweak anything when it comes to Federal Law. The only option he has is to enforce the laws that are there, Congress is the only body allowed to tweak the law. Any action otherwise by the Executive Branch is patently illegal.

You support such illegal actions? Is that what you are saying?

Damn shame the president really doesn't have the authority to tweak anything when it comes to Federal Law. The only option he has is to enforce the laws that are there, Congress is the only body allowed to tweak the law. Any action otherwise by the Executive Branch is patently illegal.

You support such illegal actions? Is that what you are saying?
    She doesn't mind the Prez breaking the law if its according to her beliefs.