Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So let me get this straight, instead of making it harder for these illegals to get what few jobs there are out there, he's making it hard for true Americans to fill them? This piece of shit cant get voted out of office fast enough for me.

I have almost as much contempt for our Repub "leadership" as I do Zippy's henchmen with their default complacency and appointing liberal republicans to the chairmanships. Meanwhile they hamstring the conservative freshmen we just elected during the midterms.

Collapse the system - top down - bottom up and destroy the middle class - 0bama is right on target.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

This is minor (no pun intended). I think he is trying to goad Republicans into heated election year rhetoric and also box Romney in on the issue. That he is basically taking Rubio's idea is even better; there is nothing Obama can do to piss Republicans off more than when he agrees with them.

I think it is purely political.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    This is minor (no pun intended). I think he is trying to goad Republicans into heated election year rhetoric and also box Romney in on the issue.
    Then whomever advised him to pull this stunt should be publicly fired. This does not box anyone in on any issue. Obama did nothing more than paint himself into a corner with this stunt considering he left his flank wide open to be fileted for attempting to crown himself king. Considering how he has opened his yap and told the world how much he holds Congress (and by extension our way of government) in contempt for not just rubber stamping his shitty "ideas", he has opened up yet another line of attack against himself and any democrat running for federal office that supported any of his ideas.

This wasn't smart, it was incredibly stupid.

That he is basically taking Rubio's idea is even better; there is nothing Obama can do to piss Republicans off more than when he agrees with them.
    I don't recall Marco Rubio or any other Republican jockeying for usurpation of the Constitution, maybe you can help me out?

I think it is purely political.
    Yeah?

He's goading the Republicans into a fight. An unsophisticated reporter got in the way by making a statement in the form of a question (they are sooooooo good at that!), but he'll get back on track.

I think he'll miss on this one. There will be a little hooplah and then it will die. It's already been talked about and everyone has already chosen a side.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't have a problem with this. It's a recognition that kids don't always have a choice about things when their parents choose to violate the law.
    The problem with this is that, while the kids are blameless, their parents are not. And the law is what it is. If Obama wants to argue that these kids should be given an opportunity to gain legal residence, then he can make the case to congress, and they can change the law, but selective enforcement is not an option. And, while we are on the subject, Mrs. O, who became a citizen this year, had to jump through a number of hoops in order to change her status, including payment of back taxes, fines, etc. Unless the government is prepared to pay us back for complying with the law, then I have a real problem with them rewarding people who violated it and incurred no costs.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    He's goading the Republicans into a fight. An unsophisticated reporter got in the way by making a statement in the form of a question (they are sooooooo good at that!), but he'll get back on track.

I think he'll miss on this one. There will be a little hooplah and then it will die. It's already been talked about and everyone has already chosen a side.
    Perhaps Republicans won't take the bait but I doubt it. This is one of the hottest of the hot buttons and the Tea Party wing of the Republican Party will see red.

This is going to backfire on Obama. Not only does he underestimate the intelligence of the Hispanic community to see this as the blatant pandering that it is, but he's going to lose a lot of votes from independents and possibly some Democrats who would otherwise vote for him. By the way, what's with this black background?
    "If you're not a liberal when you're 20 you have no heart. If you're still a liberal by the time you're 40 you have no brain"
    (Widely attributable to Winston Churchill, but true source is unknown).

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't have a problem with this.
    *You* may not, Noonie ...

But, I, certainly do. I am so angry that I can barely contain myself!!!

This bastard, jerk of an anti-American President, is showing quite clearly, that even in this devastating economy (due mainly to him) ... that he favors foreign workers over legal Americans.

Yes, I do realize that he is trying to move on from yesterday's failed 54 min dismal, failed speech, and is pandering to the Latino vote here, but the naked truth of what this man really thinks of the US is leaking out more and more each day.

Regardless of the outright LIES spewed in this speech about the need to be more "fair" ... "efficient" ... "just" etc. as his reason for doing so ... the bottom line is that this move is definitely NOT as he said, "the right thing to do for the American People." or some such words.

Especially for our own young people desperately vying for what little jobs that are out there!

Oh Mercy! What I am doing to my blood pressure! Gotta go ... typos and all ... outta here!

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

This was such a stupid stupid move.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.