Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    This was such a stupid stupid move.
    Does he honestly think middle class blue collar workers are going to be ok with this? Is the hispanic vote all that important?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Does he honestly think middle class blue collar workers are going to be ok with this? Is the hispanic vote all that important?
    I think that he lives in his own narcissistic world where nothing he says or does is wrong. I really do think he believes that.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    He doesn't care. This is nothing more than another bs stunt to put more Americans at each others throats and pull some kind of "gotcha" on the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    I think that he lives in his own narcissistic world where nothing he says or does is wrong. I really do think he believes that.
    No, believe me, it's worse. This Marxist A-hole knows exactly what he is doing. In September 2010 he responded in a Q&A that he could not unilaterally make this kind of decision against the law. I will look for the link. I rd it on Rush today.

Maobama is playing to his Latino base now that he has "stroked" his homosexuals.
    on edit:
    It was September 28, 2011
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...35-503544.html
    President Obama on Wednesday reiterated his commitment to overhauling U.S. immigration laws, but said those who want him to do it without Congress are doing "a great disservice" to the cause.
    In a roundtable with Latino journalists, Mr. Obama outlined his plan to increase border security while also providing a pathway to citizenship for young immigrants, known as the DREAM Act.
    "Our administration has supported the basic concept that we are a nation of laws" Mr. Obama said, adding "we're also a nation of immigrants" and "we have to create a system that works for all of us."
    But the president disputed the idea, proposed by some immigration activists, that he could take executive action to help immigrants while waiting for Congress to approve the DREAM Act.
    "This notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true," Mr. Obama told the reporters. "There are laws on the books that I have to enforce. I think that there's been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed... by perpetrating the notion that by myself I can go and do these things."
    Immigration activists argue that because the Senate rejected the DREAM Act in late 2010, Mr. Obama could simply use his executive power to halt deportations among those to whom it would apply - namely students and young people who were brought to the United States illegally while children.
    Mr. Obama dismissed that idea, arguing that "we live in a democracy" and that, as a result, "you have to pass bills through the legislature and then I can sign it."
    I guess his patriotic ferver for democracy couldn't hold up to political expediency.
    Last edited by AmPat; 06-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

He is not the king, why is he being allowed to rule like one?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He is not the king, why is he being allowed to rule like one?
    Shhh!, he doesn't know, he might hear you.

He was a Constitutional lawyer you know?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Has not anyone noticed that the little o's forces stopped enforcing any immigration laws, deporting any illegals and is preventing any local LEO from trying to determine who is illegal and who isn't? All he's doing with this is making it blatantly obvious that none of it is going to stop; that he sees them all as 'undocumented democrats' and is going to do his best to get all their votes. Note the prevention of removing illegal voters from the rolls in Fla. It's all part and parcel of the plan.

He will get 97% of the black vote. He will get 100% of the illegal vote. He will get about 40% of the US registered voters who go to the polls (Dem base). yada, yada, yada. According to him, it adds up to victory at any cost.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    By Tom Cohen, CNN
    updated 11:12 AM EDT, Fri June 15, 2012

Washington (CNN) -- In an election-year policy change, the Obama administration said Friday it will stop deporting young illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children if they meet certain requirements.

The new policy will cover people younger than 30 who came to the United States before the age of 16, pose no criminal or security threat, and were successful students or served in the military, the Department of Homeland Security announced.

It also will allow those meeting the requirements to apply for work permits, the statement said. The initial deferral of deportation will be for two years, and participants must be in the United States now and be able to prove they have been living in the country continuously for at least five years.

LINK

I think I seen this covered on an episode of last year's Harry's Law...

It's all part of Obama's diabolically clever plan to lull the illegals into leaving on their own. First, he has Eric Holder suspend the gun purchase ID check requirements, then each illegal is given enough money to buy one firearm, a bunch of magazines and ammunition and told to sneak it over the border to a drug cartel. Then, once across the border, he meets with a thoroughly confused drug lord who wasn't expecting an assault weapon and isn't going to give him any money for it. Imagine what will happen when a heavily armed, pissed off kid who speaks little or no Spanish finds himself without a penny in the middle of a laughing gang of local thugs. The drug cartels don't stand a chance.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't have a problem with this. It's a recognition that kids don't always have a choice about things when their parents choose to violate the law.
    That only means that they didn't choose to come here illegally, not that they aren't here illegally. Moreover, the way this is structured its not simply cutting a break for "children" it's also rewarding the illegals who deliberately came/come here as minors, the parents who sent them, the parents who brought them.

Returning these people to their home country is not punishment, it's a correction.