1. #1 Nik Wallenda walks across Niagara Falls 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I heard that he did it at night. I wonder if he was tempted to text while walking???
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I heard that he did it at night. I wonder if he was tempted to text while walking???
    He was talking to his dad and to some reporters while he was walking over the falls, also praying out loud. It was an awesome view of the falls.

It's a big deal here in Sarasota. He lives here, along with many other circus performers. Couldn't believe the front section of our local rag devoted 5 full pages to it, with a pic of him taking up most of the first page, over the fold.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

My mom would never take us to a circus in which the Wallendas were performing. She didn't want us witnessing them falling to their deaths because of their refusal to use safety nets. She preferred for us to attend time trials at the Michigan Speedway to actual races, for similar reasons. I agree with her that the Wallendas' refusal to use safety nets is pretty suicidal, and they have paid for it over the years with deaths and paralysis.

In my mom's defense, she was in the audience at the race in Indy that killed Eddie Sacs. She was leery about letting us watch Evel Kneival attempt to jump Snake River Canyon, but that was a cultural television event that could not be ignored by any child at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    He was talking to his dad and to some reporters while he was walking over the falls, also praying out loud. It was an awesome view of the falls.

It's a big deal here in Sarasota. He lives here, along with many other circus performers. Couldn't believe the front section of our local rag devoted 5 full pages to it, with a pic of him taking up most of the first page, over the fold.
    I've seen and heard too many horror stories of animal cruelty in the circus for me to attend. Just this week, the B&B was charged with same because a local volunteer witnessed a trainer beating the crap out of an elephant with a bull whip. The elephant was chained and could not get away from the beating. I'd like to beat the SOB with the same bull whip. I'm betting there would be a long list of volunteers who would like to take my place.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I remember his dad walking across old Veterans Stadium in Philly before a game. Not a little building by any stretch and very wide.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

He was working with a net.

That means any of us could be high wire walkers. Today. No experience necessary.

Quite lame.
    Be Not Afraid.