Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Joy Behar: ‘I’m still ticked off about the 2000 election’---ME TOO!!! 
    Link
    Spitzer asked Behar if she was registered as a Democrat or a Republican, to which she replied, “Oh, Democrat. One of the reasons I wanted to be on Current TV is because Al Gore owns the station,” she said.

Behar explained that she’s “still ticked off about the 2000 election. I’m still ticked off at the Supreme Court because that was not an election, it was a decision.”

Spitzer jokingly suggested “anger management.”

“It’s been eleven years,” he said, before conceding that he, too, is still a little hacked off about it, “It was a tipping point for our country. It was a tipping point for our respect for the Supreme Court. It could be the single worst modern Supreme Court decision. It was partisan, it was wrong.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/1...2000-election/
    I know, I know, rawstory (snort) but I googled it and current.com confirmed it. And Eliot Spitzer? cripe

The DUmmie responses are precious. My favorite:
    RoccoR5955 (5,031 posts)
    8. Ticked off?!?!

More like so pissed off, if I ever personally met anyone of the bass turds who was responsible for that, the biggest travesty of justice in our country's history, I would personally tar and feather him or her!

I am just as mad, if not madder than I was in 2000.

Things usually get better after such an injustice. It's been 11 years, and things have gotten so much worse, I see our country circling the drain, becoming more a fascist police state each and every day!
    Does this guy and or girl know that their guy is president?
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I love getting DUmmies going on Selection 2000!! It's always a laugh riot!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I was like 10 during the presidential election in 2000 could someone fill me in one what happened? I know that something happened in florida, bush called a recount, and people complained gore got the popular vote but didn't get the electoral votes to win, the guy lost his own state(green energy guy has a large mansion in nashville, TN)

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Link

I know, I know, rawstory (snort) but I googled it and current.com confirmed it. And Eliot Spitzer? cripe

The DUmmie responses are precious. My favorite:

Does this guy and or girl know that their guy is president?
    Will Joy Behar and her ilk ever wake up and smell the coffee? Bush won the 2000 election fair and square! The votes in Florida were recountd ad nauseum, but the Democrats kept coming up with more reasons why it wasn't good enough until they finally ran out of time before the Electoral College had to meet and pick the winner. The Supreme Court made absolutely the right decision, but there are always going to be those whining Democrats who refuse to accept the fact that they lost a close election.
    "If you're not a liberal when you're 20 you have no heart. If you're still a liberal by the time you're 40 you have no brain"
    (Widely attributable to Winston Churchill, but true source is unknown).

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    I was like 10 during the presidential election in 2000 could someone fill me in one what happened? I know that something happened in florida, bush called a recount, and people complained gore got the popular vote but didn't get the electoral votes to win, the guy lost his own state(green energy guy has a large mansion in nashville, TN)
    I just saw your post, and I just posted a reply to another post where I think you'll find most of the answer to your question. In a nutshell, that is. There were a lot of challenges on both sides before it finally got to the Supreme Court where it was finally settled.
    "If you're not a liberal when you're 20 you have no heart. If you're still a liberal by the time you're 40 you have no brain"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Bu$h "stole" the election with the help of a real moron. I think his name (the moron) was AlGore...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I hope your questions about 2000 got answered.. just thought I'd share a link from after the election that shows what a hypocrite algore is and the stats on the house in Crawford, TX where Bush lived and how energy efficient it was. Note that you probably never heard of it because the MSM protected algore.

Perhaps algore should ask George W Bush for help in making his house more energy efficient
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

We also have to remember that our dear Miss Joy thinks America stops at the Hudson River, and how shocked she was when she found out that Gov. Palin existed; " Alaska? What part of Manhatten is that? "
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    We also have to remember that our dear Miss Joy thinks America stops at the Hudson River, and how shocked she was when she found out that Gov. Palin existed; " Alaska? What part of Manhatten is that? "
    That's a classic example of Behar's snarky ethnocentric humor (and I use the word "humor" loosely).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Watch her face when she's on "The View". I've never seen such hate filled looks in my life. She must be a very unhappy person. The poison just oozes from her every pore. (If The View comes on, I generally turn off the set---other times I watch, that old know your enemy thing). She is one nasty woman.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"