Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1 Militants cross into Israel from Egypt, 1 killed 
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    Militants crossed from Egypt's turbulent Sinai Peninsula into southern Israel on Monday and opened fire on civilians building a border security fence, defense officials said. One of the Israeli workers was killed, and two assailants died in a gunbattle with Israeli troops responding to the attack. ... http://apnews.myway.com/article/20120618/D9VFIAO00.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,719
    Well, that didn't take long.

    Yet another Obama foreign policy success. Boy, howdy, am I ever glad that we didn't get someone elected VP who didn't have any foreign policy experience! I mean, that would have been a disaster! The Muslim Brotherhood could have taken over in Egypt because we turned our back on our ally or something else like that might have happened.



    WHEW! Damn, that was close!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Well, that didn't take long.

    Yet another Obama foreign policy success. Boy, howdy, am I ever glad that we didn't get someone elected VP who didn't have any foreign policy experience! I mean, that would have been a disaster! The Muslim Brotherhood could have taken over in Egypt because we turned our back on our ally or something else like that might have happened.



    WHEW! Damn, that was close!
    Wow, I agree. Look how we dodged that whole security, stability, and peace thingy. Things are SO much better now under the MaoBama Doctrine.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,337
    And so it begins.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    And so it begins.
    I know, let's throw even more money at them. That will make them love us even more!!!!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I know, let's throw even more money at them. That will make them love us even more!!!!
    This is a good time to see what all those Israeli tanks can do.!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Chuck58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    This is a good time to see what all those Israeli tanks can do.!!!!
    I'd be interested, but I'm sure Hamas or whoever was involved would be screaming to the UN and/or obama for help. obama, being a good muslim would try to implement sanctions against Israel.

    The Merkava IV is rated as one of the best tanks in the world.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    I'd be interested, but I'm sure Hamas or whoever was involved would be screaming to the UN and/or obama for help. obama, being a good muslim would try to implement sanctions against Israel.

    The Merkava IV is rated as one of the best tanks in the world.
    well its best for what its up against i.e. desert warfare, old soviet tanks. I doubt if its a match for ours or German tanks.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    well its best for what its up against i.e. desert warfare, old soviet tanks. I doubt if its a match for ours or German tanks.
    Which, if they do go to a shooting war, they will be facing as Egypt currently has approximately 1250 M1A1 Abrams in service with the Egyptian Army.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Which, if they do go to a shooting war, they will be facing as Egypt currently has approximately 1250 M1A1 Abrams in service with the Egyptian Army.
    Well then they could be open to a spot of trouble :(

    OTOH its going to come down to training so who knows? Why the hell do we sell tanks like that to them?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •