1. #1 I need to get this off my chest (work-related) 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Has to be a

Mon Jun 18, 2012, 01:17 AM
    xmas74

I need to get this off my chest (work-related)

Something a coworker told me recently keeps going through my mind and I can't stop wondering if what I think is wrong-maybe I should just support her decisions.

The story:
    A very young coworker (under 23) spoke with me a couple of months ago, saying she thought she was pregnant. She wanted advice. I said to go down to the local health department and get a pregnancy test done, since they were free at that location. A few days later she came back and informed me that she didn't need the test anymore because she knew she couldn't be pregnant. I told her to get one anyway, because a woman can still spot or sometimes have what appears to be a light period early in her pregnancy.

She came back and spoke with me once again about the topic a few days later, asking questions about gyn exams and birth control. She had no idea about how birth control was used or how it worked and wanted to know from someone who she thought would tell her the truth. (She was raised in a very fundamentalist family and was homeschooled.) I explained to her some of the options and assured her that it didn't mean that she would become infertile. (Yep, that's the only conversation she ever had at home-birth control will automatically you infertile forever and you'll never have children.) I also told her about the services that the local Planned Parenthood offered, since she doesn't have any insurance and only works part-time.

Three days later, she comes back and informs me that she spoke with her boyfriend about it and that he is now pissed off at me. He's yet another coworker, 15 years older than her, married twice before, and has five children. He's angry that I spoke with her about birth control and very angry that I told her about Planned Parenthood. He informed her that if she's pregnant and has a pelvic exam done at the local PP they (the staff) will "suck the baby's brains out" and kill it. She also informs me that she's no longer allowed to speak with me, since I only want to talk about "crimes against God". (Yep, birth control is a crime against God.)

Since then he's made cracks about baby killing when he sees me at work. The other day I went into the locker room and found a wire clothes hanger taped onto my locker.

He's trying to shake me but I'm more concerned about her. She's very young and this is her "first and only boyfriend".He's brainwashing her and convincing her that all the women they work with are temptresses who want to "meddle in their relationship" and who work against God. I don't want to meddle but she should have the right to know what she can and cannot do to her body and that it's perfectly legal and not his decision. I won't offer the info unless she comes to me.

What would you do? (As to him-I've reported him at work but I've been informed that there's no proof.)
    I'd stop making up BS stories but that's just me...
    May the FORCE be with you!

That has got to be the biggest load of crap I have read in quite a while.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Has to be a

I'd stop making up BS stories but that's just me...
    How could someone not figure out how to use BC?

1) One pill a day, every day ... my, that is confusing.

2.) Put condom on BF's dick ... how does that go again? where's the instruction book?

3) Punch BF in his junk until he doesn't want to have sex anymore; Feminist Birth control.

4.) Become a gold star Lesbian ( but not one of the cool ones); Radical Feminist BC.

5.) Refuse to have sex with anyone until the last tropical blue muming swamp slug has been saved, every transgender baby has a million dollar college fund and talk radio has been declared a terrorist group; DU birth control.

Also any one stupid enough to believe the OP shouldn't be breeding in the first place.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 06-18-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

What really happened:

"Hey baby, wanna hook-up?"

" No, that's ok. I'm looking for Mister Right, not Mister Right Now."

" Whatever, you Fundie B!+@#...."
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Reading all these DUmmie threads has me cracking up! omg

She came back and spoke with me once again about the topic a few days later, asking questions about gyn exams and birth control. She had no idea about how birth control was used or how it worked and wanted to know from someone who she thought would tell her the truth. (She was raised in a very fundamentalist family and was homeschooled.)
    While being fundie and homeschooled () STILL! She's 23, you big liar! I'm convinced this young lady may have said something about being pregnant and DUmmie doesn't like the BF and probably told her to get an abortion because BF is a chump.

I can't believe these people are smart enough to breathe. Good thing it's involuntary.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    yeah, because, you know...the kid doesn't have access to the internet or anything
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

It sounds pretty fictional to me.

Anyways, the coat hanger is the pro-choice symbol, not the anti-abortion symbol. It makes no sense that someone who is against abortion would leave one on a person who is for abortion's locker.