Hybrid View

1. #1 HARP deal leads bank to ask couple to destroy their will....to save $75 a month. 
    First off the plan has helped about 3 million less then the President has promised....and then there are things like this that real estate attorneys do not understand...

Like thousands of Nevada homeowners, Mel and Yvonne Klien are underwater on their mortgage.

And like many, the retirees were hopeful that they could get some relief from the federal Home Affordable Refinance Program, which would refinance their mortgage at a lower rate even though the Great Recession wiped out their home equity.

But their hopes quickly dissolved in frustration when they learned that Mel, 73, would have to void his will and the couple would have to temporarily give up their state homestead tax exemption in return for a $75 cut in their monthly payment to Wells Fargo & Co.

http://www.lvrj.com/business/instead...159340135.html

They're not the first people to be kept awake at night after trying to deal with Wells Fargo.

My own troubles regarding stock certificates and sales were resolved but only because I was persistent. It also helped that I was clearly the rightful owner of said certificates.

Here's more about Well Fargo:
    http://wellsfargowarning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    They're not the first people to be kept awake at night after trying to deal with Wells Fargo.

My own troubles regarding stock certificates and sales were resolved but only because I was persistent. It also helped that I was clearly the rightful owner of said certificates.

Here's more about Well Fargo:
    http://wellsfargowarning.com/
    I'm having my own trouble with WF just trying to cease auto mortgage payments. The SOB's just cannot or will not get it right.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

My mother had trouble with Wells Fargo after my dad died and they discoverd a box was not checked on the death certificate. She could not even cash a check using their joint account at the time and she had a brand new motor home to sell. It took the buyers over two years to get the title to it after the very small note on it was paid off...

My father's 401k money was moved to a non interest bearing account for several months while the bank did nothing to help. We had to hire lawyers in both Illinois and Nevada to get the mess fixed. She had a will, it was plain and simple. But Wells Fargo was doing all they could to hang onto that money.

During this same time my mother was without income. Social Security and my dad's pension reversed the direct deposit when he passed away and it was five months before she recieved another deposit...what an awlful thing she had to go through after the loss of her husband of 49 years....

Wells Fargo can kiss my ass.

Power CUer
    We're with Wells Fargo and haven't had a single problem. We didn't choose to go with them; we were with Signet, which was taken over by First Union, which was taken over by Wachovia, which was taken over by Wells Fargo. We've just been going to the same bank branch for 23 years. :) Wells Fargo honored all the commitments of previous banks - totally free accounts, free safe deposit boxes, etc. etc. We would change if we had a reason to.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    We're with Wells Fargo and haven't had a single problem. We didn't choose to go with them; we were with Signet, which was taken over by First Union, which was taken over by Wachovia, which was taken over by Wells Fargo. We've just been going to the same bank branch for 23 years. :) Wells Fargo honored all the commitments of previous banks - totally free accounts, free safe deposit boxes, etc. etc. We would change if we had a reason to.
    My parents had very little problems with them for years. They liked Wells Fargo as they traveled almost full time and you could always find a branch and they also offered internet banking that worked, when other banks did not offer it yet. It went downhill after that...

I use a credit union and a local bank. The local bank greets me by name and I don't have to swipe my ATM card and enter my PIN before they will speak to me... the lines are much shorter...they have great coffee....and I have a coffee mug in the rack with my name on it...(I had to ask for that..) Our Fargo branch is very short handed. I have waited in line for over an hour before.

Our town has 35,000 residents plus many seasonal guests (snow birds) and for some reason Wells Fargo thinks they only need two tellers on Saturday.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 06-22-2012 at 04:00 AM.