Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Roger Clemens acquitted on all charges in perjury trial 
    (CBS/AP) WASHINGTON - Roger Clemens has been acquitted on all charges by a jury that decided he didn't lie to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.
    Jurors returned their verdict Monday after close to 10 hours of deliberation. The outcome brings an end to a 10-week trial that capped an expensive, five-year investigation into one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...perjury-trial/

The Feds are having their eyes blackened lately. Edwards, Armstrong and now Clemens.

Clemens (and I think Bonds) are first timers for Hall of Fame voting this fall. Their records make them definite first ballot inductees. However, I doubt if they'll ever get in.
    Be Not Afraid.

How many millions were wasted on prosecuting him twice?
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    How many millions were wasted on prosecuting him twice?
    I heard 3 mill per side.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I heard 3 mill per side.
    Add in the first trial and the time and money wasted by Congress even sticking their nose into the whole fiasco to start with and I would bet it exceeds $50 mill easy.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Where does the Constitution give congress jurisdiction over sporting events?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Especially cheating. There's a twist of irony one can wrap their brains around.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It doesn't but if you are sworn in before congress and lie for whatever reason shit like this happens. For the record i dont think he should have been forced to do it in the first place but congress obviously has so much time on its hands that they needed something to fill up the empty places.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Add in the first trial and the time and money wasted by Congress even sticking their nose into the whole fiasco to start with and I would bet it exceeds $50 mill easy.
    Don't forget Barry Bonds too. I think he was also a Federal trial.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    It doesn't but if you are sworn in before congress and lie for whatever reason shit like this happens. For the record i dont think he should have been forced to do it in the first place but congress obviously has so much time on its hands that they needed something to fill up the empty places.
    The empty space was originally scheduled for budget writing and deliberation. Clemons preempted that due to national urgency.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand