Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    May your Hoveround not.
    Ok Novatwit...please explain how this simple little phrase...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...
    ...somehow applies to the OP...or a prayer before a football game or the Ten Commandments in a courthouse?

Nowhere in ANY of those actions is one particular religion established endorsed or stated as the "Official" religion of the United States.

The Founding Fathers didn't want the establishment of another Church of England in the Colonies...hence the establishment clause.

It was never intended to exterminate any hint of religion from the city steps the way you and the other non-believers have tried to do over the last 40 years.

Which...would seem to violate the last part of that quoted text.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

And in case anyone forgot, the Ten Commandments are etched into the SCOTUS building.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    And in case anyone forgot, the Ten Commandments are etched into the SCOTUS building.
    You've only scratched the surface, my friend.

Collective bargaining is a legitimate workplace discussion, ie whether to organize or not organize, once organized what to require, etc... Your wish not to participate in collective bargaining is your legitimate contribution to that discussion. Batshit ranting about communists and "demonicrats" would cross the line, one would think.
    Using an employer's property to plan to extort money from him through the establishment of a labor cartel is not a legitimate workplace discussion, any more than plotting to steal industrial secrets or otherwise undermine your job is.

Diversity in the workplace is not something you will hear me preach about because I don't believe in Diversity (capital D) for diversity's sake. Under our current laws, though, fair employment and compensation practice is a legitimate workplace discussion.

Girl Scout Cookies, like all solicitation for charitable donations has no place in the workplace IMO. We are all adults and capable of choosing and supporting our charities outside the workplace. That goes for the employer as well; no employer should be trying to aggrandize himself by pressuring his employees to participate in his social climbing through charity or whatever it is he is pursuing in that regard.

Trying to get your coworker to attend indoctrination centers for Jesus or Krishna with you is not an acceptable workplace activity, especially if you are other than equals in workplace status. Megacorp's policy on this, if I recall correctly is pretty much the same as it is for dating: you may ask once. After one refusal, it's harassment.
    First off, the military isn't the private sector, and the rules are different. For example, we do permit charitable solicitation, and there is even a list of approved charities under the Combined Federal Campaign which allow for Soldiers to set up automatic deductions from their pay. Second, the various service Bibles aren't an attempt at prosletyzing. They are sold at MCSS, but are not forced on anyone. The removal of the service emblems is simply spite on the part of militant atheists who cannot accept any doctrines but their own being permitted.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Trying to get your coworker to attend indoctrination centers for Jesus or Krishna with you is not an acceptable workplace activity...
    Telling me I have to attend an indoctrination seminar to hear someone tell me that I shouldn't tell Janie Bigboobs she has big boobs or Johnny Handjob that it's OK that he gives dudes handjobs is not an acceptable workplace activity either.

If I've done nothing to violate the Code of Conduct I have to sign for employment, I don't need to go sit in a meeting and listen to a bunch of nonsense I have no interest in hearing either.
    Be Not Afraid.

May your Hoveround not.
    Damn, Dizzy Jane, I'm fully mobile....

Thankyoucomeagain...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Damn, Dizzy Jane, I'm fully mobile....

Thankyoucomeagain...
    You are this week but with your luck...............stay away from large cacti!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg