Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't see any violation of separation of church and state in Lifeways, a private religious publisher, offering special Bibles with each branch's symbol on the cover for sale to military members. I don't see how it is establishing a national religion or anything, and if you look at Lifeway's website, you can get a Bible with a cover to match pretty much anyone's taste or interests.
    But, whatever the reason for the military’s decision to disallow the use of official military emblems on these Bibles, the right thing has finally been done, which is all that matters. And, despite any erroneous claims you might see or hear that MRFF is trying to prevent service members from buying Bibles, or that Holman can’t sell their Bibles on military bases anymore, service members will absolutely still be able to buy these Bibles in their BXs and PXs just as they have for the past eight years. They will just no longer have the official military emblems on them, as they never should have in the first place.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    As many times as it's been explained to you and you STILL...don't grasp the meaning of the establishment clause.
    I'll give your grasp of the issue the same weight I generally do.

Fabulous Poster
    While you guys are complaining about religious BS, Obama is walking amnesty past the gates.

Religion doesn't matter. Illegal immigration does. However, if you want to bolster the number of the ignorant and faithful in the US population, then fling open the doors to Mexico and kiss the Pope's ring.

Atheism is not a threat to this nation, papism and popery is.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'll give your grasp of the issue the same weight I generally do.
    That embarassed that I know more about it than you do huih Novatwit?

I expected no less.

The fact of the matter is I've studied it...figured out where you Libtards are misrepresenting it and exploiting it for your own stupid anti-Theist gains.

Try and dismiss me and my question all you like Libtard...but the fact of the matter is you'd get your ass pwn'3d on this if you tried to go toe to toe.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

But, whatever the reason for the military’s decision to disallow the use of official military emblems on these Bibles, the right thing has finally been done, which is all that matters. And, despite any erroneous claims you might see or hear that MRFF is trying to prevent service members from buying Bibles, or that Holman can’t sell their Bibles on military bases anymore, service members will absolutely still be able to buy these Bibles in their BXs and PXs just as they have for the past eight years. They will just no longer have the official military emblems on them, as they never should have in the first place.

They can buy the same Bibles at Barnes and Noble or Family Christian Stores, for that matter.

This to me is sort of the opposite of establishment of religion. Establishment of religion would be putting a cross on a military handbook, not putting a military symbol on a religious book. In a military family, where more than one generation serves in the same branch, a Bible like this could be a family heirloom.

If private companies are allowed to make t-shirts, ashtrays, and all kinds of merchandise with military insignia on them, why not Bibles? As far as the government is concerned, the Bible should be just another piece of merchandise that someone wants to put a military insignia upon.

Why is that the right thing? There are specific verses in the Bible that are applicable to the different branches, and the visual representation of the branch insignia on the cover is simply a marketing tool, it does not imply official endorsement. The various Military Clothing Sales Sites offer religious medallions for sale, and there are religious items which are tied in to the branches of service. Why is this unacceptable to you?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

While you guys are complaining about religious BS, Obama is walking amnesty past the gates.

Religion doesn't matter. Illegal immigration does. However, if you want to bolster the number of the ignorant and faithful in the US population, then fling open the doors to Mexico and kiss the Pope's ring.

Atheism is not a threat to this nation, papism and popery is.
    As usual, nothing substantive to add, just...

Hey guys look, something shiny!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

As an atheist this kind of stuff pisses me off. No one's faith or belief has ever bothered me and I don't see why putting logos on books that will be purchased is a big deal. Let's peel the onion back a little. Most atheists look at the BIble as a book, which it is. So who cares what is on the book? It's that simple.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

There is a video at the site, in which the speaker uses the term to describe himself and other evangelists.
    The speakers shown are military chaplains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    The speakers shown are military chaplains.
    Preachers in the Military!? Oh no way! Theocracy! AHHHHH!
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.