Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Preachers in the Military!? Oh no way! Theocracy! AHHHHH!
    Chaplains are awesome. I have 2 rules:

1. Nobody you work with. (It is implied as to what I mean)
    2. Show the Chaplain the utmost of respect.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The bottom line is that no one should be evangelizing in the workplace, especially the government workplace.
    Fine.

Don't preach to me about diversity in the workplace and who or what I should accept or not accept. Don't let me see any union organization propaganda. Or girl scout cookies for that matter.

Keep work in the workplace and all that other stuff out.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Why is that the right thing? There are specific verses in the Bible that are applicable to the different branches, and the visual representation of the branch insignia on the cover is simply a marketing tool, it does not imply official endorsement. The various Military Clothing Sales Sites offer religious medallions for sale, and there are religious items which are tied in to the branches of service. Why is this unacceptable to you?
    If the Bibles had pictures of 2 guys in a 69 he'd be all for it. Seriously, if it was some kind of gay pride thing like a rainbow or purple triangle and people wanted it removed Nova's stance on this would be vastly different.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    If the Bibles had pictures of 2 guys in a 69 he'd be all for it. Seriously, if it was some kind of gay pride thing like a rainbow or purple triangle and people wanted it removed Nova's stance on this would be vastly different.
    Don't give people ideas for new Bible versions.

I really don't understand Nova's position on this, he's got it backwards. Although I concede that the DOD has the right to decide whether to let a company use the military insignias, the only reason for denying that right to a company would be to prevent a disrespectful use of them. If an ashtray or lighter is not a disrespectful use of the symbol, a Bible certainly isn't, either.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Don't give people ideas for new Bible versions.

I really don't understand Nova's position on this, he's got it backwards. Although I concede that the DOD has the right to decide whether to let a company use the military insignias, the only reason for denying that right to a company would be to prevent a disrespectful use of them. If an ashtray or lighter is not a disrespectful use of the symbol, a Bible certainly isn't, either.
    It's PC idiocy run amok. I guarantee that a Soldier's, Sailor's, Airman's or Marine's Qur'an would not receive similar treatment under the current administration.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Interestingly, apparently no one has ever thought about emblazoning Bibles with the "gay pride" upside-down pink triangles or rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Interestingly, apparently no one has ever thought about emblazoning Bibles with the "gay pride" upside-down pink triangles or rainbows.
    A gay Bible would have to delete Leviticus and the end of the chapter on Sodom and Gomorrah.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Fine.

Don't preach to me about diversity in the workplace and who or what I should accept or not accept. Don't let me see any union organization propaganda. Or girl scout cookies for that matter.

Keep work in the workplace and all that other stuff out.
    Collective bargaining is a legitimate workplace discussion, ie whether to organize or not organize, once organized what to require, etc... Your wish not to participate in collective bargaining is your legitimate contribution to that discussion. Batshit ranting about communists and "demonicrats" would cross the line, one would think.

Diversity in the workplace is not something you will hear me preach about because I don't believe in Diversity (capital D) for diversity's sake. Under our current laws, though, fair employment and compensation practice is a legitimate workplace discussion.

Girl Scout Cookies, like all solicitation for charitable donations has no place in the workplace IMO. We are all adults and capable of choosing and supporting our charities outside the workplace. That goes for the employer as well; no employer should be trying to aggrandize himself by pressuring his employees to participate in his social climbing through charity or whatever it is he is pursuing in that regard.

Trying to get your coworker to attend indoctrination centers for Jesus or Krishna with you is not an acceptable workplace activity, especially if you are other than equals in workplace status. Megacorp's policy on this, if I recall correctly is pretty much the same as it is for dating: you may ask once. After one refusal, it's harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Collective bargaining is a legitimate workplace discussion, ie whether to organize or not organize, once organized what to require, etc... Your wish not to participate in collective bargaining is your legitimate contribution to that discussion. Batshit ranting about communists and "demonicrats" would cross the line, one would think.

Diversity in the workplace is not something you will hear me preach about because I don't believe in Diversity (capital D) for diversity's sake. Under our current laws, though, fair employment and compensation practice is a legitimate workplace discussion.

Girl Scout Cookies, like all solicitation for charitable donations has no place in the workplace IMO. We are all adults and capable of choosing and supporting our charities outside the workplace. That goes for the employer as well; no employer should be trying to aggrandize himself by pressuring his employees to participate in his social climbing through charity or whatever it is he is pursuing in that regard.

Trying to get your coworker to attend indoctrination centers for Jesus or Krishna with you is not an acceptable workplace activity, especially if you are other than equals in workplace status. Megacorp's policy on this, if I recall correctly is pretty much the same as it is for dating: you may ask once. After one refusal, it's harassment.
    Once again Nova hits the nail on the head...

too bad it was the wrong nail
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Once again Nova hits the nail on the head...

too bad it was the wrong nail
    May your Hoveround not.