1. #1 Why Do Some Poor People Vote Republican? 
    Link
    Jamaal510 (877 posts)

Why Do Some Poor People Vote Republican?

Here's a video I uploaded on my YouTube account about why some poor folks would support the GOP.

Biggest bouncy whopper of the thread:
    Grassy Knoll (3,549 posts)
    11. A homeless man asked me for change the other day......

I asked him if he needed food, he said no
    I asked him if he needed booze, he said no
    I asked him do you need shelter, he said no
    I asked him then what do you need, he replied
    I need batteries for my transistor radio so I can
    listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
    Believe it or not.
    Not.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

Why? Because even some poor people recognize that it's better to be poor and free with a chance to better themselves than poor with no shot.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Jamaal510 (877 posts)

Why Do Some Poor People Vote Republican?
    Because how someone votes...despite what you've been told has less to do with financial stature and more about core beliefs.

But being a Liberal and lacking a central belief system it's easy to see why the concept was above your level of thinking.

You've been told all your life that Republicans and people that vote for them are nothing more than rich 1% white folks.

And it makes your head explode from confusion when you see someone who makes less than 100K a year...is a minority or one of your precious "protected" classes voting Republican.

I make 50K a year and have voted Republican since the first election I was eligible for in 1988. Not because of your stupid stereotypes of what a Republican voter is...but because the GOP..for the most part...stands for what I believe in and shares a beliefe with me of what they want this country to be and where they want it to go.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Seems Mr. Jamaal removed the vid...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Because not every poor person is also a total moron.

I can answer this as a poor person, having been out of work since 04-14-11. The reason I support the GOP is because, with them running the show, I have a much better chance of not being a poor person than I do with the Donkeys in charge. The GOP want to see me succeed on my own whereas the Dems want to keep me dependant on Government (them). It's as simple as that.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

clang1 (229 posts)

3. re: Why Do Some Poor People Vote Republican?

They have been sucked into the cult of authoritarianism.
    brewens (1,917 posts)

9. Cuz when I win the lottery, I don't want to have to pay no taxes. Also I got too

many gun fer Obama to git! I also got a cuzin and kids to think about! Robme'll keep us safe from them Muslim's.
    These kinds of threads are a hoot to read, because it shows just what liberals believe about conservatives as well as what they think motivates conservatives and how they think we think.

In other words, they don't have a clue and so they continually underestimate conservatives and they remain clueless which keeps them from effectively debating conservatives.

If the OP hadn't deleted the post whch locked the thread we'd have been treated to the whole cornocopia of delusions and bigoted beliefs about conservatives.

It's simple.

It's easier to find a job without stupid shovel ready waste of taxpayer money programs in place.

I like the free market. Libs don't, they like hand outs.