Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    And to add ... 0dummy and the Wookie are millionaires too.

Are they exempted? Oh wait ... theyre gods... I forgot.
    There are more millionaire Democrats than there are millionaire Republicans. Here's a better question for this idiot: Was there any richer politician than Ted Kennedy? That said, do these libs think he's in Heaven?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Liberal christians have a tendency to think that the story of the rich young ruler means that wealth/money is evil in and of itself. They couple that with stories from Acts and the epistles of the apostles about the early Christians sharing their possessions in a communal manner, and come up with sharing=good/money accumulation=bad.

Jesus didn't pose that test to everyone who wanted to follow him. He knew that the rich young ruler prized his wealth more than anything else in his life. The thing is that you can be poor and fail that same test, if you value your money and possessions more than you desire to do what God calls you to do.

There is a similar message in another gospel passage, but I don't have an exact quote or reference handy. It's the story of the man who wants to follow Jesus, but asks to bury his father first. Jesus tells him to "let the dead bury the dead" and to follow Him. Although the matter keeping the individual from following Jesus is different, the response of Jesus is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Why do you think they are trying to put out translations that are "updated"? Removing key words and/or phrases is paramount to their goal. I have a parallel Bible printed in 1978. I really want a concordance of my own though
    I recommend Strong's Concordance.

Tax collectors in the Bible were always named with prostitutes and sinners, the worst of the worst, because they were mostly dishonest and enslaved the people. Much like tax collectors (govt) today.

Also:

Luke 9:59-60
    New International Version (NIV)
    59 He said to another man, “Follow me.”

But he replied, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”

60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God.”

And finally. Money isn't evil. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.