1. #1 CA liberals get bit in the @$$ by their own stupid policies 
    The irony is palpable.

http://michellemalkin.com/2012/06/22...al-laws-train/

With each passing day, the “train to nowhere” gets a lot more “nowhere” and far less “train.”

Earlier this month, California’s environmentalist Governor Jerry Brown announced that he would seek to exempt construction of the $60 billion to $100 billion California high speed rail boondoggle project from all those environmental regulations that he as Attorney General supported and enforced. Due to pressure from environmental groups, Brown has changed his mind.

From the LA Times:

After encountering criticism from environmental groups, Gov. Jerry Brown signaled Wednesday that he plans to withdraw his controversial proposal to protect the California bullet train project from injunctions sought by environmental lawsuits.

Brown’s staff told key environmental groups that he would no longer include modifications to the California Environmental Quality Act in a package of legislation this month asking for $6 billion to start construction of the high-speed rail project.

A spokesman for the governor declined to comment. State senators and their staffers confirmed the governor’s move.

Sen. Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto) said there wasn’t “a lot of stomach” for Brown’s proposal among his colleagues in the Legislature.
    Enviro kooks: "We want strict environmental laws!!!"
    Liberal officials: "You got it!"
    Enviro kooks: "We want cleaner, more efficient transportation alternatives!!!"
    Liberal officials: "Here you go! High-speed rail!"
    Enviro kooks: "Hold on a second! Building that will violate those strict environmental laws!"
    Liberal officials: "Shoot! Okay, can we have a waiver?"
    Enviro kooks: "Hells, no!"
    Liberal officials: "Aw, please? Pretty please? With artificial sweetener on top?"
    Enviro kooks: "We reiterate: hells, no!"
    Liberal officials: "But this is what you wanted!!!!"
    Enviro kooks: "HELLS, NO!!! Find some other way!"
    Liberal officials: "There isn't any other way!"
    Enviro kooks: "That's YOUR problem!"
    Liberal officials: "We give up!"

It would be really funny if it weren't so sad. The sad part is that they themselves can't seem to see it. It's one big Chinese finger trap for them.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

No the sad part is the money they have spent.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    No the sad part is the money they have spent.
    Money we don't have here in California for something that nobody will use because it's cheaper to drive or fly from SF to LA than it will be to take this bullet train.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Money we don't have here in California for something that nobody will use because it's cheaper to drive or fly from SF to LA than it will be to take this bullet train.
    San Francisco solved the "cheaper to drive" problem years ago. They made it nearly impossible to park or to afford to park. Suddenly it was cheaper to take the one hour bus/train ride from Oakland (where I lived at the time) to some dark cave on Mission Street (I Magnin processing center) than it was to make the 20 minute drive. I was One. I am One. We are One.....

Can California pass a local gasoline tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    San Francisco solved the "cheaper to drive" problem years ago. They made it nearly impossible to park or to afford to park. Suddenly it was cheaper to take the one hour bus/train ride from Oakland (where I lived at the time) to some dark cave on Mission Street (I Magnin processing center) than it was to make the 20 minute drive. I was One. I am One. We are One.....

Can California pass a local gasoline tax?
    Damn it! Don't give them any ideas....we already pay 38 cents a gallon state tax...and that's before sales tax which varies county to county and the fed gas tax. We don't need any more taxes piled on top of that.
    Last edited by Zathras; 06-23-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Damn it! Don't give them any ideas....we already pay 38 cents a gallon state tax...and that's before sales tax which varies county to county and the fed gas tax. We don't need any more taxes piled on top of that.
    Well, that's what happens when the government thinks all its problems will be solved by taxing people. Just like the spineless Boehner said few days ago, 'Giving the federal government more money would be like giving a cocaine addict more cocaine,'

Heard a discussion where they were talking about exactly where this high speed train terminal could possibly be located.
    Answer: About half way to Las Vegas.