Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Do we like Ryan? 
    He is being vetted for VP

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Ryan Being Vetted for VP
    By Robert Costa
    June 22, 2012 4:47 P.M.
    Comments

I’m reliably informed that Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the Budget Committee chairman, has submitted paperwork to the Romney campaign. Sources confirm that he is being vetted for the vice-presidential nomination.

Ryan, one of the GOP’s brightest young stars, is clearly a favorite of Romney allies. But some top Republican officials are wary of plucking him from the House, where he is the party’s most influential voice on fiscal issues.

Earlier this week, Romney campaigned with Ryan in Janesville, Wis., Ryan’s hometown. Ryan previously stumped for Romney in late March and early April, ahead of Wisconsin’s Republican presidential primary.

For their part, Ryan and his team remain mum on the issue, telling NRO: “Respecting their campaign’s internal process, we’re not going to comment.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-robert-costa#
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I like Ryan, although I agree he could be more effective where he is.

I also like Allen West, but think he might be too much for many people who don't like a politician that says what he thinks.

Mitch Daniels would be good.

I believe our governor, Susana Martinez would be good except she's extremely popular with a high approval rating and NM doesn't want to lose her.

Chris Christie, I don't know. I like him but don't care much for his stance on gun control.

Donald Trump, absolutely NOT.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Personally, I like Ryan. He put WI in play, which could be vital to Romney winning.

according to this http://www.uselectionatlas.org/POLLS...2012/polls.php WI, MI are both in play and Ryan may help Romeny get over the hump in both states. Plus it would send the signal that Romney is serious on turning the Economy around which would also help bring in those votes. There might be some that don't the ticket would be strong enough on Foreign affairs, but honestly with a good Sec of State, I don't think it'll matter.

On the flip side, Rubio or West would put FL more into play. Romney has some good choices. Hell I'm kinda surprised that Cain isn't mentioned, but he may not be interested either.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

I would be okay with Ryan but much much happier with Allen West, I like his lack of political correctness.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Paul Ryan is way too much of a fiscal hawk. I have no idea where Paul Ryan stands on the social issues, which I vote on, but judging by his outspokenness on the fiscal issues, and the fact that fiscal conservatives already LOVE Flip Romney, a Paul Ryan VP pick might mean a shoe-in win for Obumbler.

Just calling it as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Paul Ryan is way too much of a fiscal hawk. I have no idea where Paul Ryan stands on the social issues, which I vote on, but judging by his outspokenness on the fiscal issues, and the fact that fiscal conservatives already LOVE Flip Romney, a Paul Ryan VP pick might mean a shoe-in win for Obumbler.

Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Well, where exactly DOES Paul Ryan stand on the social issues? The ONLY thing I have ever heard Paul Ryan talk about is cutting taxes, the defecit and the national debt. As a SOCIAL conservative, that does NOTHING for me! So where is Paul Ryan on the social issues? Do you know, or even care??

Well, where exactly DOES Paul Ryan stand on the social issues? The ONLY thing I have ever heard Paul Ryan talk about is cutting taxes, the defecit and the national debt. As a SOCIAL conservative, that does NOTHING for me! So where is Paul Ryan on the social issues? Do you know, or even care??
    Why don't you find out and report back.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

you're such a fucking idiot. Fiscal issues is what matter this election. Social issues will drive a lot of people away if they are focused on too heavily. There are several places you can find out exactly how he matches up with your idioticy. Use google
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry