Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Rush: Sam Donaldson 'Ignorant' for Saying People 'Like Limbaugh' Oppose Obama Because 
    Link
    Rush Calls Sam Donaldson 'Ignorant' for Saying People 'Like Limbaugh' Oppose Obama Because He's Black
    As NewsBusters reported Saturday, former ABC White House correspondent Sam Donaldson told the Huffington Post, "Many on the political right believe this president [Barack Obama] ought not to be there – they oppose him not for his polices [sic] and political view but for who he is, an African American! These people and perhaps even certain news organizations (certainly the right wing talkers like Limbaugh) encourage disrespect for this president."

Limbaugh responded to this nonsense by email moments ago:

"Sam's premise, sadly, is ignorant, simplistic, clichéd, predictable and wrong. The President's ideas are what I oppose, not his skin color, which I couldn't care less about. He's the President of the United States and his race does not inoculate or immunize him from substantive critique."

We couldn't have said it any better.

If only media members such as Donaldson would understand this tremendously basic concept about politics in America today.

It's not about race. It's about policies and ideas.

Only the Left and their media minions are fixated on the color of Obama's skin.

Thanks for clearing that up for us, Rush.
    Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
    rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.

I agree with rush, if obama was a conservative (not what liberals call a conservative these days) I would vote for him every time.

This meme is getting really old and it stinks of desperation.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

We in NM are ashamed to claim him. He grew up on a farm in Dona Ana County NM, went to NM Military Institute and lives at least part time on a ranch in Lincoln County NM, one of the reddest of New Mexico's red counties. I don't know what the hell happened that he ended up the way he is.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    We in NM are ashamed to claim him. He grew up on a farm in Dona Ana County NM, went to NM Military Institute and lives at least part time on a ranch in Lincoln County NM, one of the reddest of New Mexico's red counties. I don't know what the hell happened that he ended up the way he is.
    IMHO the faculty at NMMI would rather talk about Roger Staubach being one of their alumni than Hairpiece Sam Donaldson.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    IMHO the faculty at NMMI would rather talk about Roger Staubach being one of their alumni than Hairpiece Sam Donaldson.
    Very true, from what I know. When they tout their alumni, Staubach is always the first name mentioned. Donaldson, I didn't know he was an alumnus until I heard HIM mention it once.

Banned
    You do realize Limbaugh was making a Straw Man argument? He misconstrued Donaldson's point to punch holes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    You do realize Limbaugh was making a Straw Man argument? He misconstrued Donaldson's point to punch holes in it.
    Uh, no. Here is what Donaldson said"

Many on the political right believe this president [Barack Obama] ought not to be there – they oppose him not for his polices [sic] and political view but for who he is, an African American! These people and perhaps even certain news organizations (certainly the right wing talkers like Limbaugh) encourage disrespect for this president."
    Here is Rush's response:

"Sam's premise, sadly, is ignorant, simplistic, clichéd, predictable and wrong. The President's ideas are what I oppose, not his skin color, which I couldn't care less about. He's the President of the United States and his race does not inoculate or immunize him from substantive critique."
    Donaldson's argument is that opposition to Obama by many conservatives is race-based, and that because of this racism, they encourage disrespect for Obama. Rush directly addressed Donaldson's point. However, if you want to try to claim that Donaldson meant something other than what he clearly said, feel free to make the case.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    Do you believe those on the political right oppose Obama because he is an African-American?
    Be Not Afraid.

Yeah, we're all so racist that many of us supported Herman Cain, and would like to see Allen West or Marco Rubio in the Oval Office some day.

Who brought up race in the last election? Who is bringing up race again in this one? It isn't the GOP talking race, or even noticing a candidate's race. The democrats are doing their level best, and have done a pretty good job so far, of recycling the 1960's.