Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Marco Rubio REALLY Gets It On The Abortion Issue 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Just watch ALL THREE parts of Marco Rubio's speech to the Susan B. Anthony List's 5th annual Campaign for Life Gala in Washington, D.C. Here's a direct link to ALL 3 clips:

From LifeNews.com
    http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/03/m...o-life-speech/

NONE of these three videos require Flash. So don't even give me that lame-ass excuse! Please DO NOT reply to this thread unless you have watched all 3 segments in their entirety.

The only problem I have with Marco Rubio now is his gay rights stance.
    Here's the link (Read Paragraph 3):

From Christianity Today
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...s.html?start=2

So I guess I'm still going to have to wait and see.

Hey troll, why do you put this here? Oh, and by the way...

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Hey troll, why do you put this here? Oh, and by the way...

OK, so to satisfy your sorry ass, I have to worship unlimited abortion on demand, as long as the end goal is smaller government and tax cuts, right?? You are as phony as they come!

I'm a little confused as to where Mr. Rubio stands on immigration.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm a little confused as to where Mr. Rubio stands on immigration.
    So am I, unfortunately. This issue is ALSO a social issue. And it greatly concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    So am I, unfortunately. This issue is ALSO a social issue. And it greatly concerns me.
    An economic issue as well, these people directly compete with me for work.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

OK, so to satisfy your sorry ass, I have to worship unlimited abortion on demand, as long as the end goal is smaller government and tax cuts, right?? You are as phony as they come!
    I have over 10,000 posts here, every one of which you can look up here so it may take a while but please go and find where I said anywhere that I am for abortion. I'll save you the trouble. You won't. You are an asshole to the highest degree. Worse yet, you're a whiner and a douchebag. You call me phony yet you supported Jerry Brown as governor of California. I, however, have never, ever supported a democrat. EVER. EVER. Now, if you want to debate who is a true conservative, I invite you to the Dome. If you're man enough, meet me there. I'll even allow you to start the thread. If you don't, then you have to start a thread admitting that you are a troll and a punk. I'll be home from work at 10:15pm and if I don't see a challenge from you in the dome then we all will know that you are a coward. See you then but I won't hold my breath.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Economic issues are social issues. A government that seeks to intrude on the economic life of the people will invariably intrude on the social life. A government that cannot fund abortion on demand, welfare (which is one of the driving factors of illegal immigration), educational curricula or any of the other unconstitutional programs that ours does find far fewer opportunities to undermine the nation's morals.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I can understand Rubio's stand on immigration. Today, I watched an episode of Border Wars on Nat Geo channel.

They'd caught a woman trying to come into this country. Her parents brought her here when she was 5 yrs old. She grew up in America, went to school in America, got married to an American and had a kid. She incorrectly assumed all was okay.

She found out things weren't okay when she went to get a job. So, she contacted an attorney. The lawyer told her to go back to Mexico, go the American Consulate and get a visa, and then she could return and all would be all right. She did as he said and discovered that it didn't work that way. She was put on a list and her turn might be a year or more away.

She missed her 2 yr old child and her husband, so tried to sneak in and was caught. Now, she can't try to do it legally for 3 yrs.

I don't know if there's a real answer to the above. She tried to become legal the right way, even spent money on a lawyer for advice. Even the Border Patrolman who interviewed her was getting emotional listening to her. He said it was a sad situation, but he had a job to do.

So, a 28 yr old woman who spent her life in America from the age of 5, has almost no recollection of Mexico and can barely speak Spanish, and tried to become legal the honest way (initially) is trapped in a country she doesn't know.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Banned
    Just watch ALL THREE parts of Marco Rubio's speech to the Susan B. Anthony List's 5th annual Campaign for Life Gala in Washington, D.C. Here's a direct link to ALL 3 clips:

From LifeNews.com
    http://www.lifenews.com/2012/02/03/m...o-life-speech/

NONE of these three videos require Flash. So don't even give me that lame-ass excuse! Please DO NOT reply to this thread unless you have watched all 3 segments in their entirety.

The only problem I have with Marco Rubio now is his gay rights stance.
    Here's the link (Read Paragraph 3):

From Christianity Today
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...s.html?start=2

So I guess I'm still going to have to wait and see.

"Traditional marriage" as we see it today, is less than 200 years old--meaning women/girls having a say in who they marry. In fact, blacks being able to marry whites is less than 50 years old.

The word 'wife' in the bible refers to an underage girl sold by her father as part of trade. Women (wives) were chattel in the bible. So when a preacher or reverend or priest starts talking about 5000 years of 'tradition' they are talking out of their ass.

I still don't understand how conservative Christians can see homosexuality as a sin while eating shrimp cocktails, wearing nylon, or marrying outside of their tribe. All of those things are abominations according to the old testament -- all equally bad according to the traditions of the nomadic tribes. So how do modern christians reconcile cherry picking which rules to follow and which one's to ignore?

The bible had quite few rules regarding the treatment of slaves. Why aren't those being taught at the mega-Churches?

Rubio seems very intelligent and articulate.