Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    The US immigration process needs to be fixed. Although I really feel bad for that 28 yr old woman, granting amnesty to anyone who broke the law only encourages more illegal immigration. Amnesty for illegals always sends the wrong message. Let's fix the immigration process if that's what's broken.
    That's what Rubio was saying. The woman in question and thousands like her had no say in coming over. I've heard of some who were brought over as babies and knew nothing but America.

Just as the Border Patrolman said, though, his job is to enforce the law even though it hurt in that case.

I don't know if there is a fair way to resolve it, considering there are tens upon tens of thousand people waiting for their turn to come in legally.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    An economic issue as well, these people directly compete with me for work.
    At first I thought this said "for fork". Might have been the whole Latino no-silverware story paired with immigration sending signals to my head. With that said, I do believe I am beating them in the enterprise of collecting silverware. And Mike once again is here to annoy us all.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

I agree, Odysseus. Our government is far too big and needs to be drastically cut. Unless it involves saving innocent lives, like with stopping abortion, the federal government has no business telling us what to teach our kids, what kinds of lightbulbs we can buy, what sodas we can not drink, etc.
    If you agree with my point, then you need to ask yourself the critical question, which is which candidate will reduce, if not the size of the federal behemoth, then at least the rate of growth? Obama has added $5 Trillion in debt in three years. Romney reigned in spending in Massachusetts. There's your choice. Everything else is posturing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If you agree with my point, then you need to ask yourself the critical question, which is which candidate will reduce, if not the size of the federal behemoth, then at least the rate of growth? Obama has added $5 Trillion in debt in three years. Romney reigned in spending in Massachusetts. There's your choice. Everything else is posturing.
    Flip Romney will do NOTHING to stop abortion. Stopping the killing of children at a rate of 1.6 million+ per year matters more to me than cutting the national debt! Those "fiscal conservatives" that tell me that I have "nowhere else to go" can go straight to hell! I am a SOCIAL conservative. I focus on SOCIAL issues when I vote! Although I agree with your point, the SOCIAL issues trump all fiscal issues when I vote.

Romney has yet to reach out to social conservatives, like myself. So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.

So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.
    Confucius say " Tis better to kiss live ass than beat dead horse"

or something like that.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.
    And the Obama/Biden 2012 re-election campaign thanks you for your whole hearted and complete support.

Seriously...are you REALLY that fucking dense? Is your little ego so fragile and delicate that just so YOU can set there in self righteous indignation...you'd let Obama win again instead of vote him out by voting for Romney?

If your answer is anywhere close to yes...you're a bigger narsasisstic egomaniac than what we've got sitting in the White House right now.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by DUmbass128 View Post
    Flip Romney will do NOTHING to stop abortion. Stopping the killing of children at a rate of 1.6 million+ per year matters more to me than cutting the national debt! Those "fiscal conservatives" that tell me that I have "nowhere else to go" can go straight to hell! I am a SOCIAL conservative. I focus on SOCIAL issues when I vote! Although I agree with your point, the SOCIAL issues trump all fiscal issues when I vote.

Romney has yet to reach out to social conservatives, like myself. So I REFUSE to kiss his ass on Election Day, if he refuses to address MY issues.

It's really that simple.
    Yawn...yet more lies and fake bluster from CU's faux conservative trolling coward. All you're doing is showing just what a child you are with your little, self important temper tantrum that you continually throw here with your obsessive hatred of Romney. You're also proving just how selfish you really are, not giving a damn about America's future with your one trick pony take on politics. There are more important issues in this election than abortion. The economy, jobs, national security, Obamacare and the ever increasing national debt need to be dealt with before the issue you think is so damned important because, without dealing with them, abortion will not be curtailed. In fact, under Obamacare, you can bet abortion will be expanded. Too bad you're just so damned stupid that you can't see these simple facts.

Oh and before i go......

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

It's really that simple.
    No, it's that simplistic. As I keep trying to tell you, a fiscal conservative will do more to restore American values and morals than a free-spending social conservative who talks a good fight, but doesn't starve the beast. You keep defaulting to these infantile rants whenever you're confronted with the logical conclusions of your position, but I guess that logic isn't your strong suit.

Romney has reached out to social conservatives. He as unequivocably stated that he is pro-life, and acknowledged that he wasn't always. What he hasn't done is prostrated himself before you, and I highly doubt that he will, as he doesn't know where your parents keep you locked up.

Romney's conversion parallels that of another former governor who, let's recall, signed the most liberal abortion law in the country when he ran California, but was a staunch pro-lifer in the White House. I suppose that if this were 1980, we'd be subjected to sad rants about how Reagan isn't a true conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And the Obama/Biden 2012 re-election campaign thanks you for your whole hearted and complete support.

Seriously...are you REALLY that fucking dense? Is your little ego so fragile and delicate that just so YOU can set there in self righteous indignation...you'd let Obama win again instead of vote him out by voting for Romney?

If your answer is anywhere close to yes...you're a bigger narsasisstic egomaniac than what we've got sitting in the White House right now.
    Yeah, he's that dense.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

It's really that simple.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Yeah, he's that dense.
    I was afraid of that.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.