Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingBig View Post
    "Traditional marriage" as we see it today, is less than 200 years old--meaning women/girls having a say in who they marry. In fact, blacks being able to marry whites is less than 50 years old.

The word 'wife' in the bible refers to an underage girl sold by her father as part of trade. Women (wives) were chattel in the bible. So when a preacher or reverend or priest starts talking about 5000 years of 'tradition' they are talking out of their ass.

I still don't understand how conservative Christians can see homosexuality as a sin while eating shrimp cocktails, wearing nylon, or marrying outside of their tribe. All of those things are abominations according to the old testament -- all equally bad according to the traditions of the nomadic tribes. So how do modern christians reconcile cherry picking which rules to follow and which one's to ignore?

The bible had quite few rules regarding the treatment of slaves. Why aren't those being taught at the mega-Churches?

Rubio seems very intelligent and articulate.
    For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
    Genesis 2:24

Eve had no father to sell her to Adam.

Here you falsely represent (either intentionally or by ignorance) what the Bible says about marriage. It does not state or consecrate the method or circumstances that brought a man and a woman together. It only defines that relationship between a man and a women after they have been joined.

As for the "shellfish" argument as it is called, again you lack understanding of the Bible, the laws of Leviticus are divided in to those that are moral, social and ceremonial. The ceremonial laws defined how the Hebrews as a people were to worship. The social laws where meant to separate the Hebrews from the nations that they lived amongst. The ban on eating of shellfish and animals with cloven hoofs, that didn't chew their cud were social laws. These laws (ceremonial and social) were set aside when Christ opened the door for non Jews to become part of the chosen people.

The moral laws have never changed. Homosexuality is banned by the moral laws. If you take a closer look at Leviticus 18
    21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.

22 “‘Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
    23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion
    You see the ban on homosexuality is snugly nestled between the ban on child sacrifice and the ban on bestiality. To apply your logic to scripture then you would have to agree that child sacrifice and bestiality are OK because Christians eat shellfish.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I just like to point out that I called Idiot123 or whatever his name is and he chickened out.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by DUmbass128 View Post
    Fixed for accuracy.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post

So I guess I'm still going to have to wait and see.
    Not really - you can leave now and disappear. We'll all know you for the troll, coward and fraud you are but you will never have to read about it again.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    An economic issue as well, these people directly compete with me for work.
    You're abslolutely right, Rock. Illegal immigration is definitely an economic issue. Even Rick Santorum pointed out the direct link between strong two parent families and a healthy economy. But I strongly disagree with those who say we need to "call a truce" on the social issues and work on the economy first. So long as American culture continues to deteriorate, the economy will continue to tank along with it.

You're abslolutely right, Rock. Illegal immigration is definitely an economic issue. Even Rick Santorum pointed out the direct link between strong two parent families and a healthy economy. But I strongly disagree with those who say we need to "call a truce" on the social issues and work on the economy first. So long as American culture continues to deteriorate, the economy will continue to tank along with it.
    You have a message in the Thunderdome.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Economic issues are social issues. A government that seeks to intrude on the economic life of the people will invariably intrude on the social life. A government that cannot fund abortion on demand, welfare (which is one of the driving factors of illegal immigration), educational curricula or any of the other unconstitutional programs that ours does find far fewer opportunities to undermine the nation's morals.
    I agree, Odysseus. Our government is far too big and needs to be drastically cut. Unless it involves saving innocent lives, like with stopping abortion, the federal government has no business telling us what to teach our kids, what kinds of lightbulbs we can buy, what sodas we can not drink, etc.

I agree, Odysseus. Our government is far too big and needs to be drastically cut. Unless it involves saving innocent lives, like with stopping abortion, the federal government has no business telling us what to teach our kids, what kinds of lightbulbs we can buy, what sodas we can not drink, etc.
    Check the post to you in the Thunderdome.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    So, a 28 yr old woman who spent her life in America from the age of 5, has almost no recollection of Mexico and can barely speak Spanish, and tried to become legal the honest way (initially) is trapped in a country she doesn't know.
    The US immigration process needs to be fixed. Although I really feel bad for that 28 yr old woman, granting amnesty to anyone who broke the law only encourages more illegal immigration. Amnesty for illegals always sends the wrong message. Let's fix the immigration process if that's what's broken.

How does you helping Obama to win another term fit into all this?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg