#1 Hamas fires 150 rockets into Israel over the last 6 days06-24-2012, 12:28 PM
June 24, 2012Hamas fires 150 rockets into Israel over the last 6 days
A barrage of 150 rockets or more have rained down on southern Israel over the last six days, requiring the Israeli air force to respond by hitting terrorist launchers in Gaza.
There were 25 rockets fired yesterday at the town of Sderot.
Times of Israel:
Gaza-based terrorists fired 25 rockets into southern Israel on Saturday, causing damage to a school and factory. The latest attacks bring the total number of rockets and other projectiles fired from the Strip to approximately 150 over the past six days.
Israeli security chiefs held a series of emergency consultations on Saturday -- including a meeting of defense chiefs with Defense Minister Ehud Barak -- and decided to try to avoid a further escalation of hostilities. Amid reports from Gaza Saturday night that Hamas was now seeking a ceasefire, security sources said "quiet will be met with quiet, but further rocket fire will be met with further fire [from Israel]." Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was also involved in the consultations.
The sources said Israel had no interest in a major military response to the upsurge in rocket fire, given the current sensitivities in the region including the tension surrounding Egypt's elections, the ongoing violence in Syria and Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Israel this week.
A senior IDF official also speculated that Hamas wants to stop an escalation of hostilities in Gaza. He said that the group aims to prevent the launching of long-range rockets, despite pressure from other Islamist groups in Gaza to act otherwise. He summed up the nature of the ceasefire terms as "Quiet met by quiet, and fire met by fire."
As of Saturday night, plans were for schools in the South to open as usual Sunday, provided there was no further escalation.
Just another week for residents in range of rockets fired by terrorists. Of course, there has been criticism of Israel for responding with bombings. After all, these are pinpricks - Hamas is just sending a message, they can't really hurt anyone - except the poor unlucky Israeli who gets caught in the open when a rocket lands nearby.
Israel is expected to allow these attacks on their territory to continue without response. And if they respond, they are somehow the aggressors. It's a topsy turvey world in the Middle East where terrorists trying to kill civilians are freedom fighters and a nation trying to defend it's people are war criminals.
Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._6_days.htmlat June 24, 2012 - 11:01:13 AM CDT
FACTS BEYOND THE SPIN: ISRAEL DELIVERS MASSIVE AID TO GAZA
POSTED ON: JUNE 2, 2010
Despite the fact that Israel publicly offered to inspect and then transfer the flotilla’s aid to Gaza several days prior to the incident, many opponents of Israel are now making wild accusations that humanitarian supplies are being blocked from entering Gaza.
The facts put these charges to rest – just take a look at how much aid Israel regularly delivers to Gaza, and what it means in real terms for Gazans:
- Over one million tons of humanitarian supplies were delivered by Israel to the people of Gaza in the past 18 months – that’s equal to nearly one ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza.
- In the first quarter of 2010 alone (January-March), Israel delivered 94,500 tons of supplies to Gaza. It’s very easy to miss what that actually means for the people of Gaza. The breakdown includes:
- 40,000 tons of wheat – which is equal to 53 million loaves of bread;
- 2,760 tons of rice – which equals 69 million servings;
- 1,987 tons of clothes and footwear – the equivalent weight of 3.6 million pairs of jeans; and
- 553 tons of milk powder and baby food – equivalent to over 3.1 million days of formula for an average six-month-old baby.
- This reflects a long-term effort on the part of Israel to deliver a massive and comprehensive supply of aid to Gaza’s civilians, while restricting the ability of Hamas to import missiles that have been launched at the cities of southern Israel. In 2009 alone:
- During the Muslim holy days of Ramadan and Eid al-Adha, Israel shipped some 11,000 head of cattle into Gaza – enough to provide 8.8 million meals of beef;
- More than 3,000 tons of hypochlorite were delivered by Israel to Gaza for water purification purposes – that’s 60 billion gallons of purified water; and
- Israel brought some 4,883 tons of medical equipment and medicine into Gaza – a weight equivalent to over 360,000 260-piece mobile trauma first aid kits.
Read the full statistics and judge for yourself. Humanitarian crisis in Gaza? Not according to the facts.
Content may be reproduced with attribution.
Gaza, which Hamas controls, receives a huge amount of aid from Israel. Yes, that's right, from Israel. In return for this, Israel receives hate and murder. Any other country in the world would have expelled the Palestinians and nobody would have said a word about it. In fact, Jordan did so in 1970 and Kuwait did it after Desert Storm, without a peep from the international community. The hypocrisy is disgusting.--Odysseus
Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.
Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
06-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes it is disgusting. I think most of the muslim countries that want Israel destroyed have said they won't accept Palestinians into their country, they don't send aid to Palestinians and in turn use their 'plight' to fuel their hatred of Jews/Israel. Ironic for sure.
Hamas fires 150 rockets into Israel over the last 6 days<~ gotta love the gratitude.Good men sleep peaceably in their beds at night because
rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Real superheroes don't wear capes. They wear dog tags.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|